Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Question Convertible seat testing

After seeing the news segment about the testing for infant car seats, I was just wondering if they test convertible seats, and where I would be able to find the results? Thank you

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Convertible seat testing

no one has any clue about what CR will test and when... but if you read here you will learn that most people here do not put much faith into CR for the mere fact that they don't disclose their testing methods.

however NHTSA does test car seats and their results (published as pass/fail in different categories) can be found in a thread somewhere on these forums. i'll try to find it and post a link to it.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Thank you!

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar

I think the most recent Consumer Reports tests on convertible seats were in May '05. You can see the results on their website, but you have to be a member, and therefore pay their membership fee. Remember, though, that Consumer Reports isn't very highly thought of for their car seat crash test ratings for various reasons and that all seats on the market meet the NHTSA requirements.
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)