Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Aidan in his Radian 65SL

Just a quick photo of Aidan riding in his new Radian 65 SL. He was SO much happier today! I don't know if it was because he's more comfortable or because it's just something new, but we shall see. His feet don't even touch the back of the seat yet, even with his giant boots on (they're too big yet but he loves them sooooooo much). It took him less than 3 minutes to figure out how to hang is feet off the sides .

16 months old, 32.5in tall, and 23ish pounds.

Thank you all so so much for all the advice and for putting up with my major indecisiveness. You all rock!
    Mel: mama to Aidan Ryan (06/28/08) & two Angels (07/2007 & 05/2010)
    MTHFR, ANA, and low progesterone.

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Aidan in his Radian 65SL

Awww!!! He is such a cutie pie!
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

5. Thank You from:

How handsome!

Thanks for posting this pic! My DD is 15.5 months and about the same stats as your DS. I have been going back and forth between the RadianXT and the TF. It's nice to see pics of LOs about the same size as DD in these seats!
    Nikki, single mama to:
    EL - 7/08 and 26 lbs riding RF in a MA and RA.

7. Thank You from:

Sooo stinkin cute! He looks very comfy in his new seat.

ETA: I just realized my DS has the same shirt, LOL.
    Last edited by monstah; 11-06-2009 at 10:20 AM.

9. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

He is so cute!
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

11. Thank You from:

Too funny that his feet don't touch the back! He is so cute, thanks for sharing.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

13. Thank You from:

Thanks everyone! He looks so old in this seat...where did my baby boy go?!

We vacuumed before installing the Radian and I cannot believe how many raisins, goldfish crackers, and cheerios I found. I've become "that mom"

2mykids: That's my favourite shirt! Target has the best deals on cute, cheap boy clothes

libbiesmom: Let me know if you need measurements, and I can take a tape measure to the seat once DH gets home.

Mel, which slot is Aidan using on the Radian? Just trying to get an idea of how tall the shell is. I just recently switched DD to the Marathon I am borrowing from SIL and was surprised that she was only on the first slot! She was on the middle slot on the Roundabout but height wise has outgrown the RA RF. I really like the Radian and am leaning towards purchasing the XT, but have also considered the TrueFit as well. The TrueFit just seems so wide! Going to check back with you in about a week and see how you really like it after using it for a little bit!
    Nikki, single mama to:

He is totally adorable
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

17. Thank You from:

So cute He's only two days older than A I miss my baby too.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

19. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by libbiesmom View Post
    Mel, which slot is Aidan using on the Radian? Just trying to get an idea of how tall the shell is. I just recently switched DD to the Marathon I am borrowing from SIL and was surprised that she was only on the first slot! She was on the middle slot on the Roundabout but height wise has outgrown the RA RF. I really like the Radian and am leaning towards purchasing the XT, but have also considered the TrueFit as well. The TrueFit just seems so wide! Going to check back with you in about a week and see how you really like it after using it for a little bit!
    Third from the top in the Radian (there are two above); I don't remember how many are below that, but there are a quite a few. In the Marathon he was on the second from the bottom...barely. The Radian has more bottom slots because I truly think it accommodates smaller babies, as opposed to the Marathon. Aidan is very tall and so was able to use the Marathon by 10 weeks old, but I am sure he could have gone home from the hospital in the Radian.

I still maintain that I dislike the install of the Radian as compared to the Marathon, but my son is SO MUCH more comfortable in the Radian, and since he's the one who has to sit in it, I think I made the right choice. Check back with me after Thanksgiving and I'll tell you about the 5 hour driving trip we're taking him on (I'm a glutton for punishment).

DH is staining doors in the garage...I'll take a tape measure to the seat and post measurements

Quote Originally Posted by AustinsMommy View Post
    So cute He's only two days older than A I miss my baby too.
    I love the pictures of your boy in the cowboy outfit and HH cow diaper (I have the same one). I can't believe your boy is already 30 pounds and 33in tall! Aidan is only 23 and 32.5. Where did our babies go? I need to slow this down

Quote Originally Posted by mbbowman View Post
    Third from the top in the Radian (there are two above); I don't remember how many are below that, but there are a quite a few. In the Marathon he was on the second from the bottom...barely. The Radian has more bottom slots because I truly think it accommodates smaller babies, as opposed to the Marathon. Aidan is very tall and so was able to use the Marathon by 10 weeks old, but I am sure he could have gone home from the hospital in the Radian.

I still maintain that I dislike the install of the Radian as compared to the Marathon, but my son is SO MUCH more comfortable in the Radian, and since he's the one who has to sit in it, I think I made the right choice. Check back with me after Thanksgiving and I'll tell you about the 5 hour driving trip we're taking him on (I'm a glutton for punishment).

DH is staining doors in the garage...I'll take a tape measure to the seat and post measurements

Thank you! Libbie is the same height as Aidan! I will check back with you after Thanksgiving - best of luck on your trip! I've been making a 6 hour trip (one way) with Libbie every 4-6 weeks since she was 4 months. Each trip seems to get better as she gets older. She doesn't care much for TV so I don't bother with the DVD player - I just make sure I have enough books in the car to entertain her!

Our babies do seem to grow up too fast! Wish there was a way to slow it down!
    Nikki, single mama to:

These measurements are from the bottom of the seat (where they sit) and upwards

Bottom 3 slots are on an angle
    7.5-8.5in
    9in-10in
    11in-12in (this is the one Aidan is on)

The top 2 slots parallel to the floor
    13 3/4 in
    16 1/4 in

Height of the shell is 24in

As for the seat part...
    interior dimension is 9 1/2in wide
    exterior dimension is 13 1/4in wide

As for leg room...
    the seat appears to be about 13in long.
    Installed in my car as pictured, there's about 19in of space on the diagonal.
    (Our Marathon had about 3-4in less room)