News Aidan in his Radian 65SL

mbbowman

Just a quick photo of Aidan riding in his new Radian 65 SL. He was SO much happier today! I don't know if it was because he's more comfortable or because it's just something new, but we shall see. His feet don't even touch the back of the seat yet, even with his giant boots on (they're too big yet but he loves them sooooooo much). It took him less than 3 minutes to figure out how to hang is feet off the sides :).

110509-aidanRFingradian-little.JPG

16 months old, 32.5in tall, and 23ish pounds.

Thank you all so so much for all the advice and for putting up with my major indecisiveness. You all rock!:love:

ADS

libbiesmom

How handsome!

Thanks for posting this pic! My DD is 15.5 months and about the same stats as your DS. I have been going back and forth between the RadianXT and the TF. It's nice to see pics of LOs about the same size as DD in these seats!

monstah

:love: Sooo stinkin cute! He looks very comfy in his new seat.

ETA: I just realized my DS has the same shirt, LOL.

Last edited:

mbbowman

Thanks everyone! He looks so old in this seat...where did my baby boy go?!

We vacuumed before installing the Radian and I cannot believe how many raisins, goldfish crackers, and cheerios I found. I've become "that mom" :eek:

2mykids: That's my favourite shirt! Target has the best deals on cute, cheap boy clothes :thumbsup:

libbiesmom: Let me know if you need measurements, and I can take a tape measure to the seat once DH gets home.

libbiesmom

Mel, which slot is Aidan using on the Radian? Just trying to get an idea of how tall the shell is. I just recently switched DD to the Marathon I am borrowing from SIL and was surprised that she was only on the first slot! She was on the middle slot on the Roundabout but height wise has outgrown the RA RF. I really like the Radian and am leaning towards purchasing the XT, but have also considered the TrueFit as well. The TrueFit just seems so wide! Going to check back with you in about a week and see how you really like it after using it for a little bit!

mbbowman

Mel, which slot is Aidan using on the Radian? Just trying to get an idea of how tall the shell is. I just recently switched DD to the Marathon I am borrowing from SIL and was surprised that she was only on the first slot! She was on the middle slot on the Roundabout but height wise has outgrown the RA RF. I really like the Radian and am leaning towards purchasing the XT, but have also considered the TrueFit as well. The TrueFit just seems so wide! Going to check back with you in about a week and see how you really like it after using it for a little bit!

Third from the top in the Radian (there are two above); I don't remember how many are below that, but there are a quite a few. In the Marathon he was on the second from the bottom...barely. The Radian has more bottom slots because I truly think it accommodates smaller babies, as opposed to the Marathon. Aidan is very tall and so was able to use the Marathon by 10 weeks old, but I am sure he could have gone home from the hospital in the Radian.

I still maintain that I dislike the install of the Radian as compared to the Marathon, but my son is SO MUCH more comfortable in the Radian, and since he's the one who has to sit in it, I think I made the right choice. Check back with me after Thanksgiving and I'll tell you about the 5 hour driving trip we're taking him on (I'm a glutton for punishment).

DH is staining doors in the garage...I'll take a tape measure to the seat and post measurements :thumbsup:

mbbowman

So cute :D He's only two days older than A :love: I miss my baby too.

I love the pictures of your boy in the cowboy outfit and HH cow diaper (I have the same one). I can't believe your boy is already 30 pounds and 33in tall! Aidan is only 23 and 32.5. Where did our babies go? I need to slow this down :(

libbiesmom

Third from the top in the Radian (there are two above); I don't remember how many are below that, but there are a quite a few. In the Marathon he was on the second from the bottom...barely. The Radian has more bottom slots because I truly think it accommodates smaller babies, as opposed to the Marathon. Aidan is very tall and so was able to use the Marathon by 10 weeks old, but I am sure he could have gone home from the hospital in the Radian.

I still maintain that I dislike the install of the Radian as compared to the Marathon, but my son is SO MUCH more comfortable in the Radian, and since he's the one who has to sit in it, I think I made the right choice. Check back with me after Thanksgiving and I'll tell you about the 5 hour driving trip we're taking him on (I'm a glutton for punishment).

DH is staining doors in the garage...I'll take a tape measure to the seat and post measurements :thumbsup:

Thank you! Libbie is the same height as Aidan! I will check back with you after Thanksgiving - best of luck on your trip! I've been making a 6 hour trip (one way) with Libbie every 4-6 weeks since she was 4 months. Each trip seems to get better as she gets older. :thumbsup: She doesn't care much for TV so I don't bother with the DVD player - I just make sure I have enough books in the car to entertain her! :)

Our babies do seem to grow up too fast! :( Wish there was a way to slow it down! :D

mbbowman

These measurements are from the bottom of the seat (where they sit) and upwards

Bottom 3 slots are on an angle
7.5-8.5in
9in-10in
11in-12in (this is the one Aidan is on)

The top 2 slots parallel to the floor
13 3/4 in
16 1/4 in

Height of the shell is 24in

As for the seat part...
interior dimension is 9 1/2in wide
exterior dimension is 13 1/4in wide

As for leg room...
the seat appears to be about 13in long.
Installed in my car as pictured, there's about 19in of space on the diagonal.
(Our Marathon had about 3-4in less room)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC