Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

LuciaBella

BLVD recline broken??

I did a check today and both of their BLVD's did not lock in the forward mode. they were stuck in the RF recline. One was made in 07 and one in 08...is there a recall that I missed!?
    I've seen this before on a few marathons and roundabouts. What is there to do? I told her to call Britax and maybe they will send her a repair kit or new seat.

For now we put the kids RF, (4 yr and 2yr) and they both still fit!
    Mom did her research on ERF and turned them both around after being convinced they had enough leg room. Putting the kids in and actually seeing how much room they have is better than visualizing...

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Re: BLVD recline broken??

Sometimes they just need a little convincing to lock into FF after RF for extended amnts of time. With ours I usually turn them upside down and push on the front of the base/pull on the back of the base as I hold the handle in. It might take a little pressure or pushing to get them to click into upright.
    Ann

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

It happens. Britax knows it happens. They generally make good on it.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Mine is broken on my Marathon. It's always been a forward-facing seat and it has never locked in FFing mode. Britax will replace it for $125.
    Jessica, with my girlies, Emma-8 years, in a Livia PWSG , Mattie-6 years, in a butterfly turbo booster and Lilly-3 1/2 years, FFing in a Cranberry True Fit and Norah, noob riding in a mickey mouse SR22.