Looking for a higher end SUV....

canmom

that has 3 sets of LATCH in the second row and that all three sets of LATCH are centred (as in no off centre LATCH). Thanks!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I am going to give an opposite anwer, a vehicle that doesn't meet your criteria. :)

The 2nd generation MDX ('07+) has 3 sets of LATCH in the 2nd row but the centre position is offset to the driver's side. The reason being, so a restraint installed in the centre will still allow the passenger side seat to flip down for access to the 3rd row. The centre anchors do NOT overlap the driver's side anchors, so depending on the seats, 3 across is allowed and possible.

Might help you in making your "no" list at least. ;)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Now that I think about, I agree this is going to be tough. Most SUVs that have a 3rd row and need access from the 2nd row, are likely going to have offset centre anchors. As well as any that have no 3rd row but a 60/40 split for longer cargo items.

So, I'm thinking you'd need to look for one with a 3rd row and without a 60/40 split.

canmom

Thanks for the replies... asking for a mom who has a 2 year old (working on getting him rfing again) and is expecting twins. They are buying a new vehicle anyway. They are looking at the MDX.. I will let you know how it goes.

Lys

Senior Community Member
New Honda Pilots have 4 sets of LATCH. All 3 seating positions in the 2nd row and 1 in the 3rd row. I'm not sure but I think they are centered in the 2nd row.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
New Honda Pilots have 4 sets of LATCH. All 3 seating positions in the 2nd row and 1 in the 3rd row. I'm not sure but I think they are centered in the 2nd row.

I was going to suggest the Pilot, too. (MY 2009 and newer. Or is it 2008?) Anyway, I also don't know whether they're centered, but that second row is extremely wide, and it's very easy to get three across. (Using seatbelts, at least. I don't know how it works with LATCH.)

Melanie

I wonder if they are off center in the 2nd row. I know for sure the Ridgeline is off center a bit. And the Ridgeline is basically a Pilot with truck bed in place of the third row. fyi: the new body style started 2009. I do know for sure that all 3 seats in the second row can be used with LATCH at the same time. It was something I triple checked when looking at the Pilot.

aisraeltax

i think many SUVs now have 4 LATCH. my car only has 4 b/c there are only 2 seats in teh 2nd and 2 seats in the 3d row, but there is an optional 7th seat (that we didnt get of course).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I wonder if they are off center in the 2nd row. I know for sure the Ridgeline is off center a bit. And the Ridgeline is basically a Pilot with truck bed in place of the third row. fyi: the new body style started 2009.
The '09 Pilot shares a platform with the 07+ MDX, I'm not sure they updated the Ridgeline to this platform? I think it might still be using the 08 and prior Pilot/06 and prior MDX platform.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC