Question Quick - RF shoulder/lap belt in Pathfinder question

U

Unregistered

I am trying to install a Combi Connection infant seat with base RF in the middle 2nd row of a 2007 Pathfinder. I prefer it in the middle for safety and because there will be an adult needing to also sit back there (there is also a FF Scenera installed outboard in this row) and it would be easier for the adult to get in and out if seated outboard. According to the vehicle's manual, there are only latch connectors on both outboard positions, so I have utilized the shoulder/lap belt option. I have a level, tight fit with the shoulder/lap belt in the center but was just wondering what the shoulder strap should look like as it comes from the seat base and up across the back of the seat near where the infant's feet will be. I am not sure why it looks strange to me as it HAS to be there. Also, the stalks for the seatbelt are very rigid and the seatbelt pulls to one end of the seatbelt slot and bunches slightly (down near where it is buckled in on the seat) (the carseat indicator indicates it is level). Is this a problem? TIA

ADS

Maedze

It doesn't sound like you have a problem. If you're concerned, I recommend seeing a CPST. You can also take pictures of your install and post them here, so the technicians can sink their teeth into them :p

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the input. Sorry but I just tried and realized that it won't be possible to add pictures before leaving town in the car:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC