Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Does anybody love their BV for ERFing??

I am in love with my new BV! However, after reading some other opinions on here how it will most likely be outgrown soon, I'm starting to get nervous...

So, would anyone like to share some ERF stories about their BV? Is it possible? What age did your DC RF in it to?
    DS 5 yrs, 58 lbs. in a GN
    DD 16.5 months, 24 lbs. in a BV

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Does anybody love their BV for ERFing??

Ilana still fits in hers rfing, no problem. I love ours, but I think we're going to get 2 Radian XTSLs for the girls at tax time. I haven't decided yet. We've had the BV for almost 3 yrs.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

I liked our Blvd. for ERF and my kids loved it too But my ds outgrew it at 2y/o and my dd2 at 3y/o. They are both in Radian XTs which I also love and it has much more leg room & shell height vs the Blvd.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

CPS Advocate

We rear faced to about 2 years 3 months, when she hit the 33 lb rear facing limit on the Boulevard. For the last six months, I really hated using that seat.

Nadia is still RFing in ours at 3 years (on the 23rd of this month), 30lbs, and 37" tall. I didn't think it seemed like she had enough leg room or height growing room so I got a TF for her and she prefers the Blvd! She definitely has more leg room and shell above her head in the TF but we had both installed RFing in our car and asked her which she wanted to ride in and she picked the Blvd every time! I'm guessing she still has about 6 months left RFing in the Blvd....but thats just a guess...
    Abbi, mama to three girls! Riding in our 06 Ford Freestyle.
    Nadia Grace (11/06) - Graco Turbo Safety Surround
    Zoe Mae (12/09) - Recaro Prosport
    Matilda Rosalee (01/12) - RFing MA70

Thanks ladies!

CPST Instructor

We love ours for RF. It lasted dd#3 until 2.5 and she still fit for height amd weight ( I was not as strongly focused for ERF then ). DD #4 still fits it rf at 21 months and prefers it over the RF XTSL we just got
    Jess, CPST and mom to 6 girls
    W(7/28) is rocking an Aton, S(3) rides in a Nextfit or RXT, O(6) has a Frontier 90, the big girls (9, 11) have Monterey Boosters and incognitos, and the oldest is 15, wears a seat belt and is driving!

It's fine. My tall 2y/o is riding rf in one. My leggy 3y/o still rides in it occasionally, and it's fine too. It's not the ideal seat for ERF, but it works for lots of families. Remember that a lot of us are *really* picky about our seats around here, and just a wee bit more likely to move to something *new and fabulous* because we want to not because we have to. That said, there are cases where kids outgrow it rf sooner than hoped... and of course there are other seats on the market that are taller, roomier, etc, and may be easier to load a largeish toddler in and out of...

hth's
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

I own the Wizard, which was befor the Blvd. I Love it. I bought it Febuary 2005. I have never had any problems with the seat. It has been used FF and Rf. It is currently being used RF by my 3yr 1m, 31.5lb daughter. She has not had head slump while RF. We did use it FF for 7hr on a road trip and she did not get head slump in the FF position. When I first received it, I found it so easy to install in my cars. I would have no problem buying another one in a heart beat if something happend to the one I have. I will miss it when it expires in 2011
    Olivia 4.26.04 Santa Fe
    Makayla 9.16.06 Kiddy Cruiser Fix Pro
    Abigail 11.17.11 RF Peg Perego Primo Viaggio
    Tobias 11.6.13 in Keyfit 22

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangie View Post
    It's fine. My tall 2y/o is riding rf in one. My leggy 3y/o still rides in it occasionally, and it's fine too. It's not the ideal seat for ERF, but it works for lots of families. Remember that a lot of us are *really* picky about our seats around here, and just a wee bit more likely to move to something *new and fabulous* because we want to not because we have to. That said, there are cases where kids outgrow it rf sooner than hoped... and of course there are other seats on the market that are taller, roomier, etc, and may be easier to load a largeish toddler in and out of...

hth's

I'd like to present that I don't buy seats because I want to. I also don't replace seats unless they're needed. Our original convertible from 2004 was in daily use until this summer, when it broke

I don't think I'm being overly picky when I air my complaints about the Boulevard.

Yes, so far we are loving ours also. No head slump for DD yet either, which I was worried about. DS had a RA when he was younger, and I really didn't know too much about ERF then either, so when he was 1 we flipped him. He seemed fine RFing until 1, but I didn't have any experience with it afterwards. All I knew was that I loved the ease of use!

For DD we have already tried out a RNXT which was propmtly exchanged for our BV. It is SO easy to install, and DD seems to be loving it so far.

Thanks again for the input!

I love it right now, but m 36" 23 month old just needs more leg room. I'm sad to be done with it.. I'll definitely keep it as a back up seat, though.
    Madeline CPST and mom to my loves:
    8 (turbo w/ safety surround) & 6 (frontier 85)

Quote Originally Posted by Maedze View Post
    I'd like to present that I don't buy seats because I want to. I also don't replace seats unless they're needed. Our original convertible from 2004 was in daily use until this summer, when it broke

I don't think I'm being overly picky when I air my complaints about the Boulevard.
    Yeah, I think you know exactly what I mean. There's a good handful of us around here who do change seats like we change socks. I know you aren't one of them, but I admit to leaning in that direction from time to time, and just wanted the OP to know that there's nothing wrong with a BV... even though some of us aren't swooning over it like we once used to.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

We liked ours well enough without any complaints about leg room rear facing. DD2 rear faced in a Blvd. from the time she outgrew her SS1 by height just before her first birthday (she's long torsoed or else she could have used the SS1 considerably longer, lol) until she was around age 2.5 and reached 33 lbs. which was the RF limit for our Blvd. We're also in the seemingly rare group that liked the Signo and Como for ERFing up to their RFing max. of 35 lbs. without issues with legroom, so take this for what it's worth to you.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Carseat Crazy

amazingly, it seems like my DD has about equal room for her legs RF in the signo and in her blvd. If anything, I think the signo might have a little more, but the sides are higher so kids can't dangle them over like they can in the blvd. But with legs straight out (she's only 17mo) they are more bent in the blvd.

But besides that, she is very comfy, has never had head slump even though I got a very upright install, and loves to point at the pretty flowers on her new seat . I wouldn't have bought it to try to RF until 4, but I plan to move her into a radian when she outgrows the blvd.

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

I like the Blvd well enough and it's served us well so far (have had it since Aug 2005). I didn't know too much about ERF so I turned DD FFing at age 2. But until that point, RFing with it was just fine. I also really liked it FFing, better than RFing in fact. Although mine's only got a 33lb RFing weight limit, DD wasn't that weight until over age 3. I know now to RF at least until that point and a 35lb RFing limit would have taken us closer to 4. At age 4.5, DD still fits in the Blvd FFing, with several more inches of harness height to go. She'll definitely make it to age 5, if not longer, in that thing.

Now, I'd been using the Blvd for DS (DD is in a Frontier/Regent/Nautilus now), but the way its installed in my car causes head slump. It wasn't a big deal, really, since DS is 19 mos. But then I got a True Fit for cheap (from woot) and found that I like it better than the Boulevard, which is now just sitting in my dining room as a spare.

So, in the end, I have no real complaints about the Boulevard. There are some aspects I like better than the TF (like the harness adjuster is infinite, as opposed to being in "slots"). DS liked to rest his head against the wings too, and the TF seems a little too wide. In the end, though, they both balance each other out. If I needed another seat right now I'd probably go with another TF just because it's cheaper, but if you already have a Boulevard then I'd just use that.

Quote Originally Posted by brooke.jax.gia View Post
    I am in love with my new BV! However, after reading some other opinions on here how it will most likely be outgrown soon, I'm starting to get nervous...

So, would anyone like to share some ERF stories about their BV? Is it possible? What age did your DC RF in it to?
    i loved the BV until the weight limit of the seat. my son was in it until 35 lbs. (around 3.4 months). he's not short...about average height. BUT, i have an SUV that allows a lot of leg room. my friend's son was very crowded in it.
    Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 22, 16, 8, 5 and 1.
    5 and 8 year olds in Britax Frontiers; baby in Britax Chaperone.