Does anybody have pics of the Chaperone?

abbi_n_nadia

I'm thinking about getting a Chaperone for the new baby (we had one and sent it back but I'm crazy and want it back now). :eek:

I'm just wondering how comfy babies are in them? Do older babies do ok in it? I would love to see some pics of kiddos in the Chaperone! And/or hear how you like it so far! :)

ADS

Joyofbirth

I have some pics of my dd in it at 7 months. I posted a thread on it. I liked it. She didn't love the Snugride, but sat in the Chaperone for a bit without complaint. I really like the seat and if we have another baby and if I decide to do a bucket again, I think this would be my first choice. And I really love the Miro keyfit.

ETA: Here is the link. Chaperone pics

And here's a link to a thread of her in various infant seats around the same time for comparison. Various seats

She's a big baby. So probably closer to the size of a 9 month old at 7 months.

Last edited:

Pixels

I just stuck my DD in a couple of seats at BRU yesterday, including the Chaperone. She has outgrown by height (head right at one inch from the top) but her shoulders were all crammed up into the headwings. I would have declared it outgrown for comfort reasons a while ago. DD is 17 months, 21-23 pounds (not sure exactly), 30ish inches, normal proportions.

abbi_n_nadia

Jessica - Ah! So the SS1 looks like it would be more comfy for your dd than the Chaperone! Out of all the seats you tried her in which did you like best?

Melissa, so you would recommend it or no?

I know we will never actually make it to 30lbs in an infant seat, my dd is just now about 30lbs at 3 years old! And I am sure she is WAY too tall for any infant seat! I thought the headwings on the Chaperone are kind of silly because the shell is already there to protect their head....so the only thing thats really intriguing to me is the ARB and the Cowmoo! lol I just cannot decide what seat to get!

We technically still have the Snugride from Nadia (not sure what the DOM is but we bought it in 06) but we gave it to my SIL and I know she dropped it once (with her baby in it!) so it makes me nervous to use it.... And we also have the True Fit the new baby could ride in but its gonna be cold!

I don't really like any of the keyfit 30 colors....I know thats not the most important thing but I just don't like them....the Bella is ok but you can't get it by itself and I don't need the stroller! :thumbsdown:

Ah what to do what to do...

NVMBR02

I have a few pictures of my newborn on my other computer that dh has right now. I can see what I have on photobucket or on my camera still.

Pixels

Personally, I wouldn't get the Chaperone. Moo is okay but doesn't really do it for me, so that's not really a factor to me. I'm ambivalent about anti-rebound on an infant's seat, so that isn't huge either. All the infant seats I put DD in yesterday (Chaperone, Keyfit 30, BabyTrend 22) were within one inch on fit. The BT22 she was even with the top of the shell, the Chaperone she was at one inch (except her shoulders didn't fit), and the KF she was at 0.75 inches.

So for me, it really comes down to price, ease of use, and fit to vehicle. I wouldn't spend that much on an infant seat, so no, I wouldn't get the Chaperone. :twocents:

NVMBR02

Okay, I don't have much. I know a took a few before leaving the hospital and they are on the other computer.

This one is when she was 3ish weeks old. She was about 6 pounds in this picture, 20 inches
10734_1208869989371_1457341112_5803.jpg

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you for the responses and posting that carseat blog review! Very helpful! Love the pic too! She looks very cozy in it and the chest clip looks so small and perfect!

We have decided to get another one (and keep it this time lol). The ARB really makes me feel better about an infant seat even if it hasn't been decided whether or not its safer. Plus they are on sale for $179.99 at Albeebaby!!! Yay!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC