Old Versus New Radian

swissmama

I'm hoping someone can help me with my dilema.
My son is 22 months, 34 inches and about 34 pounds. We don't ride in cars very often but do belong to a car sharing scheme and fly occassionally. So I'm looking at getting a Radian. Apart from the rear-facing weight allowance, are there any other major improvements with the new Radians? I'm also wondering if in the long run, the XT - new or old - would be a better purchase than the 80 due to the adjustable headrest and wings.
What are your thoughts?

ADS

Pixels

The newest Radians, the SL versions, those are 2010 model years (DOM 9/1/09+). The version that's not SL and has a retroactive 40 pound weight limit, those are 2009 model years (DOM 9/1/08-8/31/09). The versions before that all had 33 or 35 pound weight limits and are not retroactively 40 pounds.

As far as I know, the only differences between 2009 and 2010 model years is the harness, SuperLatch, and the weight limit. There were a number of changes between 2008 and 2009 and there's a link in my siggy that will show you many of the differences.

swissmama

Thanks for the link; that helps a lot.

The only other thing I'm unclear about is the actual interior seat width. On Elite Car Seats, they state that the interior seat width on the XT models are 13" whilst only 11.4" on the 80. Is that correct? Seems like an awfully big difference!

Pixels

No, the exterior and interior dimensions are the same on all of them. Same slot heights, too. They just add the headwings to turn a seat from an 80 into an XT.

The width of the seat area (near child's thighs) is about 11.4", and the width near the child's shoulders is closer to 13". That's why the two different numbers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC