two "interesting" firsts that I never fathomed

mamabear

Last week I witnessed these 2 things that left me:confused:I have to vent because no one in My RL cares:eek:

1. a car driving by with just the driver and a backseat adult passenger holding an infant carseat on her lap, baby strapped inside.:mad:

2. my neighbors getting out of their car with their 6mo strapped to the mom in an Ergo. Yes. they drove that way, and an empty RF MA in the backseat:confused:

Carry on

Last edited:
ADS

Kaede's_Mom

The second one baffles me to no end :confused:
Why would someone think that is ok? Makes you wonder if the person wearing the baby atempted to fit the seat belt over the two of them or not.

3plus2isme

:mad:

Today we were driving along and noticed a youngish (not more then 5-6) bouncing around the back of a van (only had light tint)... we were stopped at a red light so even though it's still B.A.D I just grumbled. Well as we start driving the kid WALKS TO THE MOM IN THE FRONT, walks back to the back bench and proceeds to sit backwards staring at us :eek:
DH pulled up besides her at the next red light and started pointing in the back, the mom rolled her eyes and dh yelled "what the (&@^!!!!" and the light turned green and she turned. DH is NOT confrontational lol so it was nice to see him advocate child safety.. usually he gets embaressed when I'm flapping my hands at people who's kids should be harnessed and aren't ;)

mykidsmylife

with the 1st, the baby was probably screaming. not ok but i have done it in stop and go traffic when traffic was stopped. :duck:

Shanora

Uhhh, the second its scary. And it DOES state in the manual for the Ergos to NOT use them in vehicles. To use proper child restraints! So at least if something happens *god forbid* she can't attempt to sue Ergo.

God knows I *wanted* to do that, but always risk waking Cordelia up and buckle her into her car seat!

Unfortunately I have seen something similar... lady I babysit for pulling up to the pick up line at school a few months ago...I peek in the back to see the new baby (in the SafeSeat I gave them to avoid them using the 3 point expired Snugride left over from the now 7 year old) to find the baby is not in there...the 3 or 4 week old is in the Infantino sling in the front passenger seat with mom (who was strapped in talking on her cell)... It didn't surprise me given they also took the crotch buckle out of the 3 yr old's car seat because they only buckle her with the plastic chest clip and it was "in the way".

Last I saw, the 7 yr old sits on his knees in an adult belt behind his back or lays across the seat somewhat strapped in, the 3 yr old is now in a backless booster with the belt placed behind her back by mom as I guess it's just too much work to keep her in a 5 point...and they loosely strap the now 6 month old in the infant seat by the chest clip only with a bottle propped up on a blanket on the baby's chest...

All these kids are tiny for their age and the car seat use makes me sick... I see they have also gone back to using the old red/green plaid Snugride although I gave them a like new beautiful "Central Park" memory foam SafeSeat... I should have just given it to someone on here! Funny when the kids ride with me they are in a Turbo, Britax and the infant is properly secured in the carrier. What I really don't understand here is that when the mother was 6 years old she was thrown from a vehicle in a bad accident that also took her mother's life...you'd think they'd care a little more wouldn't you?

Might I also add that this is in an upscale wealthy community...there really is no excuse at all- they can afford seats to go in their two higher end vehicles.

InternationalMama

I've seen a baby in just a Baby Bjorn in a car before. I've also seen a lot of babies in baby carriers on bicycles and once I saw a baby-in-arms on the back of a moped. :eek:

mamabear

1. a car driving by with just the driver and a backseat adult passenger holding an infant carrier on her lap, baby strapped inside.:mad:

with the 1st, the baby was probably screaming. not ok but i have done it in stop and go traffic when traffic was stopped. :duck:

Woops, I realized my typo just now:eek:. I meant to type the lady was holding an infant carseat on her lap, baby strapped inside.:confused:

there were no other passengers, so it's no like they couldn't have buckled it in??

mykidsmylife

Woops, I realized my typo just now:eek:. I meant to type the lady was holding an infant carseat on her lap, baby strapped inside.:confused:

there were no other passengers, so it's no like they couldn't have buckled it in??

yeah i knew you meant that. lol. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC