Head Slump in FF Boulevard

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
How comfortable is the boulevard for a FF child? Do the wings push the child's head forward? Is it difficult for them to sleep without major slump? Any pics of FF kids in the BV would be awesome, too.

ADS

daisie125

No pics, but we've been dealing with major head slump no matter what I do. Some days he does just fine and others I have to pull over and fix his head :(

I'd love to hear any tips - that's one of the things I hate the most about this seat.

abbi_n_nadia

No head slump with ours....whether FFing or RFing, her head never falls forward in the Blvd!

This is an older pic, shes RFing again now but was FFing in this pic in a 99 Oldsmobile Alero.
2a5fd439c777.jpg

canadiangie

No pics, but we've been dealing with major head slump no matter what I do. Some days he does just fine and others I have to pull over and fix his head :(

I'd love to hear any tips - that's one of the things I hate the most about this seat.

Depending on what you drive, you might be able to pull the base of the BV forward just a bit, which will help encourage the natural recline the BV offers. (hope that makes sense). You just need to make sure the base of the BV is still completely flat on the seat, and that there isn't a huge gap behind the BV (a little space is fine). You can try doing this and then post pics so we can verify that all still looks good.

mimieliza

My DD is very comfortable in the Blvd FFing. The seat is pretty reclined. I think it really depends on your vehicle and whether you can get the seat reclined or not.

LP Mom

We sold our Blvd, but had it forward facing for a while. Never had any head slumping issues with it - RFing or FFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC