Help me name my website....

emandbri

I haven't posted this yet but I am thinking of starting a home business selling car seats. I am waiting to hear back from a certain manufacture. ;) It would be to local parents only, not online.

I would be consultant and would sell seats. For a fee folks can come over and try different seats in their car to see what fits and what doesn't. If they need to do three in a row I can try to work with them to make that work. I figure I can try to increase what seats I have to try by getting seats that have been in crashes and can use them for demo purposes. If someone wants to try a seat that I don't have I can meet them babies r us and see what works. If they end up buying a seat from me the consulting fee would go toward the cost of the seat. I pretty much figured I was always recommending these seats the next step is to sell them.

I have all these thoughts in my head about what I wanted my website to be like because in addition to selling seats I also want to give out information.

As some of you know years and years ago I, and others at the car seat board at parents place, put notes on people's cars to try to help them make better car seat choices. I very much want to start doing that again but there is just too much information to put on a fourth sheet of paper.

I've now decided that even if I don't sell seats I still want to give out info and try to help people. What I am envisioning is putting business cards on people's windshields telling them where they can find more info. For example if I see a seat that is expired I could put a business card on their window saying

"This car seat is expired and not safe to use. Go to www.mywebsite/expired to learn more and to find out how to make a good choice for your next seat."

The website would be similar to the brochure I made but obviously go into more detail since I wouldn't have the space issue.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1049228&posted=1#post1049228

I also want to put the website on the "where to find more info" on the brochure. I need to print a bunch out to give to some of the preschool teachers in the district so I need a name of a website by this afternoon. :whistle:

I also want to put a sticker with the website on the back of my car so I need something that isn't too long and that is easy to remember.

Thanks for any help!

ADS

emandbri

Here are some suggestions that folks came up with on another board.

SuperSafeSeats.com

KiddoCarseats.com

SafeCarSeatsSaveLives.com

TheCarSeatExpert.com

KiddieCarSeatExpert.com

KiddoCarSeats.com

KiddosCarSeats.com

CarseatConsultant.com

EmilyKnowsCarseats.com

What do you guys think of those?

CaseyRN

I like Emilyknowscarseats.com and Carseatconsultant.com

I think safecarseatssavelives.com is WAY too long and WAY too much of a mouthful to say! haha

emandbri

Thanks for all the feedback. I have heard back from the manufacter and they only want to do retail stores. I was set to still do the site to try to get
info to people but I really don't have the energy to deal with it right now. If I decide to do it in the future I will take these names into consideration.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC