Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

frontier fabrics?

I have only seen a frontier in person a couple times and never paid any attention to the fabric. But is there a difference in the softness of any of the colors? I wont be getting pink but out of the other colors is any one better then the other?
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...22 and driving! Skylar- 17yrs-and also driving! Molly-14 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -10 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: frontier fabrics?

Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement saharas from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

But otherwise, rushmore & pink sky felt just the same.
    Last edited by arly1983; 11-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

4. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by arly1983 View Post
    Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement sahara's from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

How did you get a replacement? my redrock cover is nasty and we have only had it since July..the mesh is all fuzzed and pulled,and stained.
    Julianna 8/15/02,Adult seat belt Fiona 12/1/05 Harmony backless booster Nolan 8/3/08 ffing in a maestro, and booster training in a vivo seat re-arranging at the moment

Carseat Crazy

We just did the same thing. I had called Britax before our warranty ran out, and they put a note in our file to send us a new cover, if they ever came out with new ones. Finally, I just called and requested a Sahara. We had a Red Rock, so the colors were a little bland after that, but the fabric is SO much better. It's like night and day. It's wonderful.

Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement sahara's from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

L (11 years & 62 pounds) 5-Stepping & J (7.5 years & 42 pounds) Olly
    G (5 years & 40 pounds) Frontier 90 Zebra

N (3 years & 26 pounds) RFing RXT

do you happen to have a real life picture of your sahara? I am not liking it too much from what I see on the websites but I dont like what I hear about the mesh covers.
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...22 and driving! Skylar- 17yrs-and also driving! Molly-14 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -10 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

When oh when will they come out with the NON-mesh covers?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkeys View Post
    When oh when will they come out with the NON-mesh covers?!?!?
    No kidding! Our pinksky is already doing funky stuff and we have had it less then a month.
    Kelsey, mom to...
    Kaede 9-29-06 Ridding in: Marathon, Frontier 80, and Nautilus
    Raiden (my tube fed, fundo, refuxer, with SVT) 2-6-10 ridding in a TFP

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babywearing Meghan View Post
    How did you get a replacement? my redrock cover is nasty and we have only had it since July..the mesh is all fuzzed and pulled,and stained.
    I called and complained. My rushmore was purchased in June and the pinksky in September. She gave me a choice of sahara or the same pinksky/rushmore but no guareentee it wouldn't happen again with those.

Quote Originally Posted by bethng View Post
    do you happen to have a real life picture of your sahara? I am not liking it too much from what I see on the websites but I dont like what I hear about the mesh covers.
    Here you go: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ahara+rushmore

I asked for pics too before I made a decision. They are not as striking as the other combos but for the better fabric I can live with it.

11. Thank You from:

Here you go: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ahara+rushmore

I asked for pics too before I made a decision. They are not as striking as the other combos but for the better fabric I can live with it.
    so is the gray in the middle mesh? Just wondering what the middle part feels like. I can see the sides look plush. Thanks for the pics!

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bethng View Post
    so is the gray in the middle mesh? Just wondering what the middle part feels like. I can see the sides look plush. Thanks for the pics!
    No problem.

The material in the middle is not mesh. Its a smooth, soft material kinda like the middle fabric on an onyx britax cover but a grey/green color instead.

I was really leaning towards Canyon. Is that a really bad idea? It will be his primary seat. I guess I need to go look in person.

We have canyon and I love what they look like (hate sahara!!!) ... We've had them a couple months.. or just close to.. and no issues at all. Then again we (er, I..) tend to baby the car seats. I guess if the kids were younger they'd get beaten up faster (but then again they wouldn't be in a Frontier now woudl they )
    DS(7) 54lbs, 50" in a Parkway SG & Monterey
    DS(5.5) 50lbs, 45" mainly harnessed in a Nautilus & sometimes cruising in a Parkway SG

DD (17m) in a RF'ing Paisley BLVD & occasionally a MyRide65

I also have a Canyon and LOVE it. I did not like the look of Sahara either. We have had no problems with the fabric.
    DD1 12 Seatbelt
    DS 10 Seatbelt
    DD2 8months Keyfit