frontier fabrics?

bethng

I have only seen a frontier in person a couple times and never paid any attention to the fabric. But is there a difference in the softness of any of the colors? I wont be getting pink but out of the other colors is any one better then the other?

ADS

arly1983

Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement saharas from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

But otherwise, rushmore & pink sky felt just the same.

Last edited:
Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement sahara's from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

How did you get a replacement? my redrock cover is nasty and we have only had it since July..the mesh is all fuzzed and pulled,and stained.

KelliBella

We just did the same thing. I had called Britax before our warranty ran out, and they put a note in our file to send us a new cover, if they ever came out with new ones. Finally, I just called and requested a Sahara. We had a Red Rock, so the colors were a little bland after that, but the fabric is SO much better. It's like night and day. It's wonderful.

Get the Sahara. Seriously, I just got my replacement sahara's from Britax (for rushmore/pinksky) and the other Frontier cover's material is just not as nice even the non-mesh parts.

bethng

do you happen to have a real life picture of your sahara? I am not liking it too much from what I see on the websites but I dont like what I hear about the mesh covers.

arly1983

How did you get a replacement? my redrock cover is nasty and we have only had it since July..the mesh is all fuzzed and pulled,and stained.

I called and complained. My rushmore was purchased in June and the pinksky in September. She gave me a choice of sahara or the same pinksky/rushmore but no guareentee it wouldn't happen again with those.

do you happen to have a real life picture of your sahara? I am not liking it too much from what I see on the websites but I dont like what I hear about the mesh covers.

Here you go: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=102333&highlight=sahara+rushmore

I asked for pics too before I made a decision. They are not as striking as the other combos but for the better fabric I can live with it.

arly1983

so is the gray in the middle mesh? Just wondering what the middle part feels like. I can see the sides look plush. Thanks for the pics!

No problem.

The material in the middle is not mesh. Its a smooth, soft material kinda like the middle fabric on an onyx britax cover but a grey/green color instead.

bethng

I was really leaning towards Canyon. Is that a really bad idea? It will be his primary seat. I guess I need to go look in person.

3plus2isme

We have canyon and I love what they look like (hate sahara!!!) ... We've had them a couple months.. or just close to.. and no issues at all. Then again we (er, I..) tend to baby the car seats. I guess if the kids were younger they'd get beaten up faster (but then again they wouldn't be in a Frontier now woudl they :whistle: )

Chameleon

I also have a Canyon and LOVE it. I did not like the look of Sahara either. We have had no problems with the fabric.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC