Question Radian install: What cars have a naturally more upright install?

romanoma

Sorry for the very long title :eek: But that says it all.

I want to know which cars allow a more upright install, 30-35 degrees, without a lot of cursing, selling your soul to anyone, and a PhD in carseat installation. (Also, please state if the seat stays at that angle after the child rides in the seat)

Please include your car make, year, and seating position and latch vs seatbelt. Pics are great if you have 'em!

I love my radians so much, I consider this a factor in my next car purchase :love::eek::whistle: And it may help those considering the new XTSLs for older RFers who will want a more upright seat.

I hope this will give a little more than just successful install, but specifically for the more upright install. Thanks for any and all replies!!

ADS

munchkin

2007 Ford Focus. Outboard, LATCh or seatbelt.

Although I wouldn't really recommend getting one ;). No headrests/low seat back, smaller car/backseat.

ChristyH

I was able to get a decent more upright install in a 2005 Pontiac Montana with a seatbelt. I couldn't get it with LATCH because our latch connectors are too close together in the seat and the base of most car seats sit on top of them.
Oh and this was in the 2nd row 2 seat bench in both positions

myliljunebugs

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata, it is installed RF with LATCH behind the passenger seat

IMG_5587.jpg

Cryssy Jane

Here's one of my XTs in a 2006 mazda MPV van. This is in the captains chair that's suppose to be behing the passenger seat, however I slid it to the middle to get a better install. Installed with latch at roughly 36 degrees. I could have gotten more upright but it was for a younger child.
IMG_0233.jpg

Also in my siggy. 2006 subaru impreza. rf rn 80 outboard seatbelt roughly 32 degrees, stayed put, was not braced on drivers seat. rf rn xt center seatbelt roughly 36 degrees, stayed put.

oxeye

It goes fairly upright in the third row of my 08 Toyota Sienna.

It goes in really upright in my friend's Ford Escape. I don't know the model year but it isn't the most recent body style but it does have LATCH so it is an 02 or newer.

lovinwaves

My Odyssey van which is going on 5 years old probably would have been pretty decent for a radian install rear-facing, but now the seats have compressed after having a car seat installed tightly on them all these years, and my Radians actually overrecline in my van.

So a newer Odyssey that still has the plushness in the seats might be able to get a fairly upright install.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Very easy to get upright in my '07 T&C (about 35 degrees). Takes me 4 minutes, max, to install with LATCH.

mbbowman

radian.JPG

2007 Chevy Impala. The seat installed MUCH more upright in the center but the only appropriate anchor point I have for the rear tether is under the passenger seat.

I definitely like the Marathon install MUCH better, but the seat is in thanks to my super-strong husband :thumbsup: and I do think my son will be more comfortable in it. There's at least 4 or 5in extra leg room.

romanoma

That looks pretty reclined in the 2007 impala, is it just camera angle?

Thanks for the MPV pics, that is very upright!! We will likely get a minivan as our next vehicle, so that is great to see! how does just sliding the seat make it more upright?

We get a very upright install in our 2007 subaru Forrester, probably 30-35 degrees with latch. (unfortunately that backseat is so horribly small, even at that angle the front seat is really cramped :thumbsdown: At least DS is more upright though.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC