I made a car seat brochure, need feedback ...

ADS

emandbri

I've decided to take them down. Thanks everyone who tried to help me.

Last edited:

firemomof3

I think its great :thumbsup:
One thing, you might want to double check the AAP recommendations though, I don't think its stated to rf to age 2 just to the limits of the seat.

Mommy2Marcus

Looks good to me, except on the combo/convertible you typed out harness slots twice in the same sentence. That is all I can see that needs fixing though.

emandbri

I think its great :thumbsup:
One thing, you might want to double check the AAP recommendations though, I don't think its stated to rf to age 2 just to the limits of the seat.

They came out with this earlier this year. It isn't an "official" recommendation, but I don't care. Technically the AAP recommendation is still 1 year and 20 lbs :whistle:

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a

Looks good to me, except on the combo/convertible you typed out harness slots twice in the same sentence. That is all I can see that needs fixing though.

Thanks fixed it. I will upload a fixed version later on so it is still messed up for now.

BigDaddy

I just sent an email requesting the brochure, just ignore it... I opened this tab a long time ago, and just got to it. I didn't see your second post.

It looks good. You may want to add something about shell height to the forward facing section, and it looks like part of step 1 is missing from the 5 step test.

emandbri

I just sent an email requesting the brochure, just ignore it... I opened this tab a long time ago, and just got to it. I didn't see your second post.

It looks good. You may want to add something about shell height to the forward facing section, and it looks like part of step 1 is missing from the 5 step test.

fixed and fixed! I obviously haven't had enough sleep since I forgot to add the shell height. In my head I had all three! ;)

Brian checked it out and here are some other things I have changed

Under "basics" I changed it to

"The center seat is considered the safest for a car seat and children out of car seats as well, unless there is only a lap belt in that spot."

"Children 12 and under should always ride in the back seat even if a car doesn’t have air bags."

"Some cars have advanced airbags but they don’t always work."

I also wrote out "American Academy of Pediatrics."

Wrote out "information" instead of "info"

added various comas. ;)

Last edited:

emandbri

I forgot I wanted to say that car seats expire. Anything else I need to add? Granted I don't want the font too small so if I add too much something else would have to be deleted.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
They came out with this earlier this year. It isn't an "official" recommendation, but I don't care. Technically the AAP recommendation is still 1 year and 20 lbs :whistle:

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a

Thanks fixed it. I will upload a fixed version later on so it is still messed up for now.

The AAP has recommended to RF to the max. RF capacity of a convertible carseat since a much earlier and official 2002 policy statement, though, and stating to RF to age 2 means not fully encouraging taking advantage of the ERFing capacity of newer convertible seats than can now RF to 40/45 lbs. and potentially well beyond age 2. I suggest rethinking the wording there to encourage ERFing longer term when possible. :twocents: ETA: I sifted through bookmarks and found the 2002 AAP policy statement at http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;109/3/550

Last edited:

Mae

I've only looked at the first one so far, but can you fix this part?...

(Instead of this)
"Booster seats use the seat belt of the car instead of a harness"

(Can you put this?)
"Booster seats use the car's seat belt, rather than a harness"

And this part needs a comma.

(Currently it says this)
There are two types a high back and a low back"

(Make it this)
There are two types of booster seats, high backs and low backs"

Mae

For the second one, can you fix this?

(Currently says)
"When buying a new one look for one with a front adjuster for the harness"

(Make it?)
"When buying an infant seat, look for one with a front adjuster for the harness"

And maybe clear this part up? It even threw me for a loop at first.

"For both the harness slots need to be at or above the shoulders harness spot"

(Maybe put)
"Be sure the harness is at or above the shoulders when forward facing"
Is that what you were meaning?

Oh- and just a little OCD thing that bothers me. :)o) At the top where it says "Rear-facing convertible" and "Forward- Facing convertible/ Combination seats", can you delete the space and un-capitalize the second "F" in "Facing"? It bothers me that they aren't the same... :eek:.

OCD. :rolleyes: Did all that makes sense?

HTH! :)

emandbri

Thanks! Some of those changes have already been made and I will change the others.

Keep the suggestions coming! I am time pressured and need to print them tomorrow afternoon.

abacus2

I can't see step 1 of the 5 step test; is it covered by the image? Also, I think you might be trying to say too many things for the space you have. Is it possible to narrow down to the 4 most important points in each category?

ETA: I'm having trouble reading because the images are quite small, but I would suggest leaving out that the center is safest. IMO this leads too many parents to incorrectly use LATCH in the center or unduly stress when their seat installs more securely outboard or they have more than one child.

J-max

CPST Instructor
Those look great! I need somthing like that to pass out at preschool, maybe when you are done with it, will you let me(us)borrow it, please (if not I totally understand, you did a ton of work :) )

BigDaddy

I can't see step 1 of the 5 step test; is it covered by the image? Also, I think you might be trying to say too many things for the space you have. Is it possible to narrow down to the 4 most important points in each category?

ETA: I'm having trouble reading because the images are quite small, but I would suggest leaving out that the center is safest. IMO this leads too many parents to incorrectly use LATCH in the center or unduly stress when their seat installs more securely outboard or they have more than one child.
The images are actually quite large. The more you click them the bigger they get. With firefox, I have to click 3 times to get full size. The first click brings it up within this page. The 2nd click loads the image only. The 3rd click takes it full size.

emandbri

Those look great! I need somthing like that to pass out at preschool, maybe when you are done with it, will you let me(us)borrow it, please (if not I totally understand, you did a ton of work :) )

No problem, I will make another that doesn't have the specific stuff about Missouri. It was just easier in my case to keep stating the law then to try to explain why you can't put a 3 year old in a booster with the makers say it is okay. :whistle:

emandbri

I have uploaded the newest version in the second post. Words can't express how grateful I am for this help! :love:

I'm kind of torn because under FF convertibles/ combo seats I would like to say that it might be safer to keep kids in a harness longer but as folks here know there is actually no evidence that it is safer to be in a harness rather than a booster.

I do say that there are seats that go to 65 and 80 lbs with the harness is that good enough?

What about adding little captions under each picture giving the age, weight, and height of the kids in each picture? I already have so much stuff on the brochure though. Any more suggetions on what else I could leave off?

Last edited:

courtfrog2

I didn't see this suggested but I would put "No back" instead of "Low back" for the booster seat.

This is a great brochure. I love it.

Also... my 10 year old has those same pants that you little girl has on. From CP right? I love them. Wish I would have seen the hat.

emandbri

I didn't see this suggested but I would put "No back" instead of "Low back" for the booster seat.

This is a great brochure. I love it.

Also... my 10 year old has those same pants that you little girl has on. From CP right? I love them. Wish I would have seen the hat.

Thanks, I can't believe I said low back! Old habits are hard to break!

Love the pants! She really didn't need more clothes but I am a sucker for plaid!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC