Seat for broad child..

Spam

I'm going to be replacing my blvd :) I have a TF and TFP and Austin fits great in them. He is a very broad, husky little boy, so solid... anyways.. I'm going between a MR for the 40lb limit and hopefully it won't rub his back the wrong way this time and the Signo because I have Recaro lust. In the MR his head is just below the piping line across the top. Obviously budget is under $150. How wide is the interior of the Signo? Is he likely to start getting squished, or is it roomy?? TIA!

ADS

Maedze

The Signo is extremely narrow in the interior and I wouldn't recommend it for an average-sized child, let alone a solid one.

The My Ride is roomy and comfortable.

firemomof3

I agree. I love my Signo for my kids because they are skinny and the signo "hugs" them so nicely. But its going to feel very cramped to an average/bigger sized child, I would go with the MyRide :thumbsup:

armywife12

Your tot sounds similar to mine. He is also right around the white piping of the MyRide and is solid. He doesn't seem squished in the MyRide at all.

Spam

Thanks!! I have one other nagging thought.. what about the RN?? If I wait a couple of weeks I could probably get one of the 40lb ones. I had one before, but cannot remember how roomy it was.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC