He is such a BAD BABY!!

Splash

He figured it out in his other seat too. I didn't think he'd be able to reach it in the van, since it's so reclined. He did. I know this is a problem with older kids, but he is still a BABY!
Grrrr. I will be performing car seat surgery tonight. Wish me luck.

ADS

Kellyr2

oh no!!! I feel so blessed that my kids were 3 at least before figuring out how to unbuckle, and they actually didnt figure out how to loosen until just a few months ago. BOTH of them! LOL

didymama

what about just lifting the cover and putting a safety pin -a diaper pin would be great-in there and put the flap cover with it? this could be a nice non permenant solution that is easy to remove for you-not so much for him. you want it so the pin in under the cover. i wish i could just draw a picture.

SPJ&E

Oh my goodness, what a little smart butt! I hope you can get it fixed to keep him away from it!

msantiago3

I know your pain my daughter can undo all her harnesses from chest clips to crotch strap on four different types of seats and she is only 18 months!!!

Synchro246

MAn!
How does one generally stop a baby/toddler from loosening a harness? Is it ever not solveable? (I am asking for my own benefit here. . .I'm trying to decide what carseat to get next and if the answer is that some babies just need a different carseat I am *definitly* getting a Decathalon instead of a marathon next.

Synchro246

Oh yeah, and I wanted to say that *I* can't even get kids out of seats with the silver lift-to-loosen type things. I struggle and struggle. I need to watch a kid in action for some tips :p

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Oh yeah, and I wanted to say that *I* can't even get kids out of seats with the silver lift-to-loosen type things. I struggle and struggle. I need to watch a kid in action for some tips :p

LOL!

It is like those "child proof" caps. They are ADULT-PROOF. Kids figure them pretty quickly! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC