Failed to make an impresson!

cookie123

Saturday night I had a family with twins and talked to them about their car seat test. I gave them the talk, then they asked about the snuzzler. I told them to take it out and why. So Sunday they brought in the seats. They had the Keyfit for the babies, had taken out the infant insert and installed the snuzzler. I wasn't in that suite so didn't get a chance to talk to them again. THeir test was today, and at least I know the tester will tell them, but still, I was disappointed!

The family I had Sunday night had just got their dd a new booster seat. She just turned 4. But 41 lbs. I gave them a little proper fit, staying in position, harnessed seats still fit talk. I also gave them the booster info from cpsafety.
So maybe I made an impression there.

Just trying to keep spreading some safety!

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I am sorry you failed to make an impression with the 1st family. It sounds like they just wanted to use them anyway. I hope they change their minds.

However I hope that you made an impression on the family about EH. It sounds like you might have.

I to sometimes get discouraged when I talk to people & they just look at me like I am crazy. However I do keep trying!

cookie123

We do have to keep trying. Some people just can't be convinced, I've found. I'm slowly learning to live with it when my info is rejected!

canadiangie

:confused:

They opted to remove the infant inserts and instead use a Snuzzler??

Are they nuts? :eek:

I don't think it had anything to do with your ability to "make an impression". Some people just won't listen no matter what you say.

Kaede's_Mom

I don't think it had anything to do with your ability to "make an impression". Some people just won't listen no matter what you say.

This is what I was going to say. I have had many talks with family and close friends. And sometimes it just doesn't matter what I say.

I have come to the conclustion that you can't save everyone. While it is sad and unfortueate, it is true.

aw, Peg, {{Hugs}} to you - please don't think of it as *you* failing to make an impression. You gave the family the proper information and answered their questions appropriately, and it was up to them to decide whether or not to follow it. If the word 'failure' applies at all in this scenario, IMO it's the parents who failed to grasp the importance of why aftermarket car seat products are a safety no-no.

Remember the link to the "Good Enough Mother" article that someone posted a while back? I think maybe we could modify it a bit to describe the "Good Enough CPST"
A good enough CPST:
- is up to date on his/her training and provides parents with accurate and relevant car seat/ child safety information but can't guarantee that a parent will follow it.
- isn't always available to every parent who has a car seat question, wants to borrow one of his/her car seats, etc..
- can't possibly prevent all parents from bad installations and poor/inappropriate child restraint choices.
- has needs of his/her own (including family) which may conflict with requests from other people.
- loses it sometimes.
- is human and makes mistakes.
- learns from his/her mistakes.
- uses his/her own best judgment.

cookie123

Thanks for the pep talk! And of course you are all right, they failed to 'get it.' Either way, it is disappointing. As I said, all we can do is keep trying. Often, we can make a difference.

Calleiah

Awww, it's always hard to watch someone make the educated choice to ignore good advice. I tried to talk to my neighbor about ERF because her almost 3 year old maybe weighs 26-27 lbs. She's seriously a peanut. Showed her how my DD2 (who's a whole head taller and almost 10 lbs heavier) is still RF and offered to link her to some videos. Her comment? "Oh, I cant watch that stuff. Its terrible!" And her tiny little peanut is still FF.
All we can do is our best to teach/advise. In the end, they make their own choices. In the end, what matters is that we try!

/hug

coleslawcat

I can't imagine taking the newborn inserts in the Keyfit and using anything else. Those Keyfit inserts are the best I've seen. You did your best, I'm sorry they weren't listening.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC