May sell Boulevard. How much should I ask?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I am considering selling one of my Britax Boulevard car seats. I have heard that you take the price you paid and divide it by 6 to get the cost per year of the seat. Well the seat was purchased September 2006 and has a manufacture date of May 2006. I still have the receipt, tags, manual, registration card and everything, box, etc. My question is this. If I do sell it then I would subtract one year cost from the seat right? Also, the tether was recalled by Britax last year. The tether can be used but only up to 50 pounds not 65 pounds. This is according to the letter I received from them. So, it is still a usable seat. Does anyone have any suggestions on this and what I should ask if I do sell? I paid $269 and so I really don't want to give it away. Help!

ADS

didymama

what is the width? if not too wide i may snatch one up. i'm converting all of our seats to 5pt 40 +. have radian, getting marathon-need one more. willing to pay, just can't pay retail ykWIM?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I called Britax and they won't be replacing the tethers on the seats. They sent a letter and stickers to put on the tether and the manual to state the tether is for use up to 50 pounds. I put the stickers on like they said and I do have the letter too. We have two of them and I am going to definately keep one as hubby's jeep doesn't have tether anyway so it doesn't matter but my car does have tether hooks so I would like my seat to be able to use it up to 65 pounds. My car doesn't give a weight limit on the tethers. The cover on it right now is Mosaic but I also have a Park Ave cover as a spare that is currently listed on Ebay. The Boulevard seats are the same width as the Marathon. Does anyone need that width?

Last edited:

Wineaux

I called Britax and they won't be replacing the tethers on the seats. They sent a letter and stickers to put on the tether and the manual to state the tether is for use up to 50 pounds. I put the stickers on like they said and I do have the letter too. We have two of them and I am going to definately keep one as hubby's jeep doesn't have tether anyway so it doesn't matter but my car does have tether hooks so I would like my seat to be able to use it up to 65 pounds. My car doesn't give a weight limit on the tethers. The cover on it right now is Mosaic but I also have a Park Ave cover as a spare that is currently listed on Ebay. The Boulevard seats are the same width as the Marathon. Does anyone need that width?
This is where Britax and I would come to words. If I purchased a seat that was advertised to tether to 65lbs I would expect it to do so. If they released a product that was defective, and a recall means just that, then it is their problem to fix my seat, or replace the seat with one which tethers to 65lbs as advertised. I don't care if they lose money on the deal. I didn't release a defective product. They did.

LuvBug

I wonder if you can replace the tether yourself? like call and tell them your DH cut it off because he didnt see the purpose lol!
I knew someone who did that and had to replace the tether, but it was on a MA or RA.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The tether can be replaced in about 30 seconds. It's threaded through the plastic shell and held in place by two metal rings--similar to how the harness is secured below the seat. Are we 100% sure it's a failure of the tether alone, versus something else affecting it? I was pretty sure somebody was able to identify how those tethers differed, but I'd want to be 100% positive before swapping it out. You'd think if it were that easy, Britax would've actually fixed the problem versus sending out documentation.

-N.

LuvBug

When I first heard about the recall, I was trying to figure out how the seat slipped into a recline when the tether hook broke, but doesnt slip into recline without a tether at all?
That is what I remember the recall saying, that after 50lbs the hook bent/broke and the seat slipped into recline mode. Is that correct?

skaterbabs

Remember that the "failure" was not actually a failure to protect the dummy - it just didn't perform to the letter of the law.

On the contrary, the evidence is that it performed BETTER, but because of the way the law is written a recall was required even though it's not really a safety concern.

nisi

Senior Community Member
We have two of them and I am going to definately keep one as hubby's jeep doesn't have tether anyway so it doesn't matter but my car does have tether hooks so I would like my seat to be able to use it up to 65 pounds.

If that's the only reason you're getting rid of it, I'd keep it. You probably won't be able to use the tether over 50lbs anyway since most kids outgrow it by height at around 50lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC