Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

So winter infant carseat cover???

Okay so in reading my bunting bags that were "so called" designed by a very popular company are not safe to use.

But the "Parka Baby" is good because it just goes over the carseat. Is this the best one out there, quality wise and warmth wise. I live in very cold Saskatchewan so need it to be good. Or are there others just as good that are a better price.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: So winter infant carseat cover???

I also have the Baby Parka and find that it is the best made. I imagine I will still put a recieving blanket or flannel blanket underneith but this is by far the best I've seen. Too bad about their chince website!

Quote Originally Posted by dingohate View Post
    I also have the Baby Parka and find that it is the best made. I imagine I will still put a recieving blanket or flannel blanket underneith but this is by far the best I've seen. Too bad about their chince website!
    Thanks and well with 7 boys and 1 girl(who is 6.5) you can imagine how exciting it is that this wee little one is a girl, so I think I just might have to do pink. Even though GN would be better for furture children. Just would be so nice to see lots of pink. lol

I live in Wisconsin and we love our 2-layer Travel Trench by CJ!
    http://www.cjsewingroom.com/

She's a wonderful work at home Mama and this is our second year using one. It's a fleece poncho that opens at the back so there's nothing between your child and the car seat, and it doesn't in any way interfere with the straps. Very safe, very comfy, and very warm for our cold winters.
    Mel: mama to Aidan Ryan (06/28/08) & two Angels (07/2007 & 05/2010)
    MTHFR, ANA, and low progesterone.

I have a Baby Parka that we have not used yet (baby due in a month) but it seems really good and warm. It has fleece, a water/windproof outside, and in between it has something similar to Thinsalate, so it should be good and warm. The ladies are awesome too, I bought mine right from them at a baby Show in Calgary.

There is also one from Babylicious available from westcoastkids.ca and a few available from kiddopotamus. They are all the shower cap style that pops over top of the seat. The kiddopotamus one has fake lambs fur inside and a suede type outside. I also saw another brand at a local store that had a lot of colours, it was the retail version of westcoastkids.ca so maybe it was the same as the babylicious brand just in more colours.
    I saw the baby Parka in Pink at the baby show, it was kind of a slightly lavandery pink. Very pretty. We bought the red since we do not know the sex of baby.
    Marcie, mommy to:
    Michaelyn Sept 2003, Avery Sept 17 2005,
    Noah Sept 2005, Eden Dec 4th 2009, and Emme Dec 9th 2011

A friend of mine has a P'tit Coulou cover. That thing is amazing! So cozy & warm & it's structured enough that it doesn't sag against the baby's face. If I ever have a winter baby, I'm definitely getting one of these.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Carseat Crazy

I have yet to see one of these in person, but it seems like the right idea to me:

http://www.dafooni.com/ayr.html

I like that it is a "shower cap" but that the cover incorporates the handle; I would get much more use out of this with my big babies. The regular shower cap style cover I have is no good once kiddo hits around 16-17 pounds (a little later than 3 months over here) because their face pokes right out of the hole and there isn't much room for their legs. I'm still using mine on particularly crappy days right now, but I have to take it off to get babe in because his head is underneath the top part of it - as in I have to shove his forehead up underneath it if it is on when I put him in. In other words - it's too small. And winter has only begun...

I bought mine in pink and it's a mauve-pink sort of color, not typical pink. It's reeeeeally nice! I only have 1 DS and it was still a thrill to buy pink! LOL
    Our factory's going offline after DD is born so no worries about GN for future kiddos. (well planned ones anyways LOL)