So winter infant carseat cover???

9arrows4God

Okay so in reading my bunting bags that were "so called" designed by a very popular company are not safe to use.

But the "Parka Baby" is good because it just goes over the carseat. Is this the best one out there, quality wise and warmth wise. I live in very cold Saskatchewan so need it to be good. Or are there others just as good that are a better price.

Thanks

ADS

dingohate

I also have the Baby Parka and find that it is the best made. I imagine I will still put a recieving blanket or flannel blanket underneith but this is by far the best I've seen. Too bad about their chince website!

9arrows4God

I also have the Baby Parka and find that it is the best made. I imagine I will still put a recieving blanket or flannel blanket underneith but this is by far the best I've seen. Too bad about their chince website!

Thanks and well with 7 boys and 1 girl(who is 6.5) you can imagine how exciting it is that this wee little one is a girl, so I think I just might have to do pink. Even though GN would be better for furture children. Just would be so nice to see lots of pink. lol

mbbowman

I live in Wisconsin and we love our 2-layer Travel Trench by CJ!
http://www.cjsewingroom.com/

She's a wonderful work at home Mama and this is our second year using one. It's a fleece poncho that opens at the back so there's nothing between your child and the car seat, and it doesn't in any way interfere with the straps. Very safe, very comfy, and very warm for our cold winters.

marciemp

I have a Baby Parka that we have not used yet (baby due in a month) but it seems really good and warm. It has fleece, a water/windproof outside, and in between it has something similar to Thinsalate, so it should be good and warm. The ladies are awesome too, I bought mine right from them at a baby Show in Calgary.

There is also one from Babylicious available from westcoastkids.ca and a few available from kiddopotamus. They are all the shower cap style that pops over top of the seat. The kiddopotamus one has fake lambs fur inside and a suede type outside. I also saw another brand at a local store that had a lot of colours, it was the retail version of westcoastkids.ca so maybe it was the same as the babylicious brand just in more colours.
I saw the baby Parka in Pink at the baby show, it was kind of a slightly lavandery pink. Very pretty. We bought the red since we do not know the sex of baby.

amyd

A friend of mine has a P'tit Coulou cover. That thing is amazing! So cozy & warm & it's structured enough that it doesn't sag against the baby's face. If I ever have a winter baby, I'm definitely getting one of these.

sparkyd

I have yet to see one of these in person, but it seems like the right idea to me:

http://www.dafooni.com/ayr.html

I like that it is a "shower cap" but that the cover incorporates the handle; I would get much more use out of this with my big babies. The regular shower cap style cover I have is no good once kiddo hits around 16-17 pounds (a little later than 3 months over here) because their face pokes right out of the hole and there isn't much room for their legs. I'm still using mine on particularly crappy days right now, but I have to take it off to get babe in because his head is underneath the top part of it - as in I have to shove his forehead up underneath it if it is on when I put him in. In other words - it's too small. And winter has only begun...

dingohate

I bought mine in pink and it's a mauve-pink sort of color, not typical pink. It's reeeeeally nice! I only have 1 DS and it was still a thrill to buy pink! LOL
Our factory's going offline after DD is born so no worries about GN for future kiddos. (well planned ones anyways LOL)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC