Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: So Happy!

Carseat Crazy

So Happy!

Recently visited my cousin in Boston who was laughing at how we brought my 13 month old sister on the plane in a Roundabout and was rear facing in the rental car...

She has a 4 year old who is around 30lbs maybe and 16 month old twins who are probably right around the 20lb mark. She did the norm which was booster for the 4 year old and forward facing for the babies because everyone including her doctor said she was doing the right thing.

She really thought I was crazy about all the car seat stuff but I told her her daughter should be harnessed for a while yet and that the babies should be rear facing. I assumed she didn't believe me and didn't bring it up again!

I was so happy and impressed to receive a call and text messages today from Babies R Us out of the blue asking if the Nautilus was a good seat for the 4 year old. Of course I said yes and she also told me the babies are rear facing again! (I told her to check the manual to make sure she was using the right belt path etc and the harness height)

I'm thrilled and thought I'd let you guys know that 3 more kids are safer in Boston today thanks to the information originating from Car-Seat.org!

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: So Happy!

Well done!
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

YAY!!

tell her to send you a cell-phone pic of them! (you can use it as a way to check her installs a bit)

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

WOOT! That is awsome!
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

Woooo hooo!!! Thats wonderful!

Mommy to my 1st*princess*Born@Home7/23/2010 in a S1st OBA35
    Grateful Godmommy to my loves :DGS1-07/26/01,DGD1-12/02/05,DGD2-06/01/07,DGS2-11/21/08,DGS3 09/10/09