True Fit vs My Ride?

9arrows4God

Okay first off I am guessing we do not even have the My Ride here in Canada? Is it coming our way anytime soon.

What do you think is better between the two. I think the My Ride has a longer rear facing limit?

We have 8 soon to be nine children.

Actually just ordered 2 true fits to use ff with my 4.5 year old and my 6.5 year old.

And order 2 Britax Parkway to use with my 8 yr old and my 10 yr old. And will be getting two more for my soon to be 12 year old and soon to be 13 year old when more funds are available.

I was thinking of getting another Ture fit to face my 3 year old backwards but wondering about this My ride that goes rear facing longer and still a great price or just go for True Fit.

My 2 year old is in a rear facing marathon

And baby will be in my bucket baby seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

obamamama

Re: Ture Fit vs My Ride?

What is your 6.5 year olds stats? My dd is 40lbs, 44" tall and like a 15" torso and has outgrown the True Fit. I think it's partially because of the natural recline to the seat FF in my car. She still fits in a Radian 65 though and still under the top slots barely.
I have the TF for my 2.5 year old, he's 26lbs, 38"tall and a 12" torso and has still plenty of room.

I haven't had any experience with the My Ride, but yes it has a 40lbs RF limit instead of the True Fit's 35lbs Rf limit.

9arrows4God

Oh and we are in a 12 passenger van with benches, so not much recline to the seats at all..

So is the My Ride actually in Canada then?

romanoma

I would definitely vote for the myride, but I don't know if they are available in canada. will have to wait for someone else to chime in with that answer...

If they aren't now, I do believe they are coming soon, but again, I'm not really up to date on this stuff.

featherhead

The My Ride is not yet available in Canada, and I'm not sure if we know yet whether or not it will be.

zeo2ski

I'd use one of the TFs you ordered for the 3 y.o. to RF in, and get something different (Nautilus?) for the 6 year old.

amyd

The My Ride is out now in Canada...there's another thread here somewhere about it. I believe it's at Toys R Us. Like the PP, though, I would also use the TF for the 3 year old & get a combination seat (like the Nautilus) for the 6 year old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC