Question Radian vs. True Fit Top Slot and Leg room Measurements

mbbowman

Does anyone have a Radian and a True Fit who wouldn't mind getting some measurements for us? DH keeps asking me which seat will have more leg room, but no stores in the area carry either seat I can't find anything on-line.

Is the Radian 65 and the Radian XT the same size (leg room and top slot height)? What about the TF vs TFP?

I am so tempted to order both seats and see which one my son likes better. I feel like the TFP would be easier to keep clean, but I wonder if my son would be more comfortable in a Radian...:confused::dizzy:

Thank you so much!

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I got the same for both (17"-17.25") for top harness height and with pressing down on the cushion.

TF
186_8622.JPG

Radian
167_6773.JPG

I don't have either one anymore to measure the seat depth and can't think of which one would have more leg room (it also depends on the recline angle too). Maybe some else will have the answer for this :)

I now have an XT that I should measure for top slots but I think might be the same.

NannyMom

I have had a TF and now have a Radian. I think the Radian offers more legroom because the kids can so easily put their legs over the side (there really is no side).

The Radians all have the same legroom. And the TF and TFP should have the same.

Pixels

All the Radians have the same outer shell, the same legroom, the same installation, the same top harness slot. The Radian can be used with the child's shoulder above the top slot, but the headwings on the XT don't adjust up higher than the top slot, so it would be very uncomfortable to try to do so.

AmandaR

I have a True Fit, True Fit Premier, and Radian 65SL.

DD has more legroom in the Radian, but she has TONS of legroom in the TF and TFP too. She moved from a Britax Boulevard CS.

Hope this helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC