what are good seats

swags

we just found out we are expecting so we have a while but. my ds was in an cosco opus 35 then a wizard and now a park way, but i know the first two seats are no longer made. any recomendations?

ADS

Jordynsmama

From what I have read on here, and doing my own research, I would suggest a Britax Marathon, Decalothon or Boulevard-all similar...people seem to love the marathon and when I have another baby, that is my pick...the blv has more SIP however-but I think the Marathon is taller...check on the Britax website and view them.
This seat to me is good because it rear faces to 30 or 33 lbs which is GREAT, and very rare, and on top of that, you can keep your child harnessed in it ff until 65 lbs.
Well, that's my pic-oh and plus they have cute fabrics :)

scatterbunny

The Graco SafeSeat 1 is the infant seat with the highest limits right now--30 pounds and 32 inches. :)

The Chicco KeyFit is an awesome infant seat, too.

For convertibles the Britax 65 pound weight limit seats are still top picks (the Boulevard has replaced the Wizard, with wider-spaced headwings), and there's also the Sunshine Kids Radian (same rear-facing and forward-facing limits as Britax: 33 pounds RF and 65 pounds FF, but with taller top slots). For 40 pound weight limit convertibles, the Cosco Scenera and Safety 1st Uptown are great choices. They rear-face to 35 pounds and FF to 40 pounds. The Scenera is pretty bare-bones but the Uptown has EPP foam (like EPS foam in the Britax seats) and comfort foam and a really nice cover.

LuvBug

they no longer make the opus and I wouldnt recommend any dorel infant seats.
The graco snugride2(with front adjuster and EPS foam), graco safeseat1, and chicco keyfit are really good infant seats. There are probably more options but those are the top 3 that stick out.
The boulevard is the new wizard, so if you loved your wizard you can look into the boulevard.

By the time baby is here and ready for a convertible there is suppose to be new options that would be worth checking out. So Id keep my options open until baby is a few months old.

Jordynsmama

Is it not a good idea to place a newborn in a marathon or similar convertable seat? Do people prefer to have the infant seats because they can carry them, or is there another reason as well? Just curious...

scatterbunny

Straps are supposed to be at-or-below shoulders for rear-facing and lots of convertibles have pretty high bottom slots. If they aren't TOO terribly high above the shoulders (an inch or less) and the harness fits well, it isn't a huge deal, but in general infant seats just fit newborns better.

Wineaux

My wife is due in July, and we've pretty much decided on the Graco SnugRide as our infant seat. From there, we'll move onto a convertible seat. By the time we're ready for another seat I'll be most likely looking for a longterm usage convertible like the new Recaro coming out, the Radian, or a Britax. Most likely in that order of preference too, unless new toys have come out that tickle my safety fancy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC