Thoughts on MR and TF straps

Tara

The gold standard in harness straps seems to be Britax. Rugged, but not too stiff, not slippery nor twisty. So, what are your opinions on the MyRide and TrueFit straps? Anyone having problems with twisting or what not?

And while I'm here...has there been a thread about harness heights comparing these to the Marathon and Radian? I'm a bit out of the loop as far as car seat stats go and I'm trying to get back in the groove. Any help greatly appreciated. ;)

Oh yes and the Roundabout 50 ... is this basically the Marathon 'we' always wanted? Saying it is rare that a child makes it to 65 in the Marathon due to height, that 50# was more likely. Is it really the same RA shell? Did I read that its top slots are the same as the MA?

ADS

Maedze

The My Ride straps, IMO, are perfect. I've never had trouble with them.

I believe the True Fit straps are on the slippery side, but don't quote me.

The My Ride top harness position is roughly equal to that of the Marathon, or at least accommodates kids the same size for the same amount of time.

The Roundabout50 is a rebranded FPSVD, is the same essential shell as a Marathon, and is a v. v. nice seat. As far as I'm concerned, Britax should discontinue all the other convertibles except the RA50 and the Boulevard :D

Raegansmom4

I agree about the MR harness - no problems. The only time the MR harness twisted was when MIL drove dd and took her out and put her back in, and to this day I can't figure how in the He** she could have physically caused a full twist in the strap, lol. Even with rushing in and out, I've never twisted the straps on it. My Regent's straps twist, but my MR doesn't (except for the one weird MIL vodoo).

Tara

That's the vibe I was getting about the RA50...I need to find one to play with. But I was thinking just that...if this seat IS all that, then what the heck? Forget the others :p

I have to find a Babies R Us around here...the TRU doesn't carry the good stuff. Hopefully there's a BRU somewhere for me to browse.

And I've just not even looked for the MR or TF anywhere lately. The last seat I checked out was the Nautilus when it was new on the market. *sigh* Yes, I am sadly behind the times hehe

Anywho, sorry, rambled, needing adult conversation today I guess.
Thanks for the input :D

jess71903

Ambassador
I think the TF straps are a bit twistier than the Graco straps, but not excessively so. My DH manages to twist them, but I usually don't have a problem with them.

Mommy0608

My only beef with the TF straps is that the buckle tongues aren't quite wide enough so the straps tend to fold over or bunch a tiny bit in the buckles. I haven't had any issues with twisting. The straps are nice and soft, maybe a little slick, but that's fine with me.

The TF has the tallest harness height of the seats you listed. I believe it's about 1/2" to 1" higher than the Marathon. I measured just about 18" for the TF.

FLmom

We have both a My Ride and a Marathon and I definitely prefer the My Ride straps. I love the ease of the buckle too...so really I love the entire harness:love: I've never had any twisting issues with it at all.

Mom2FiveGirls

I LOVE the MR straps! Of course the only other car seats I've had experience with are graco and evenflo infant seats and, comfort sports, cargo, an evenflo convertible (can't remember the exact one...this was a few years ago), and AOEs. The MR straps are MUCH nicer! I haven't had any problems with the straps twisting on that or on the nautilus!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC