Say it ain't so - MR shell same height as Scenera?

Pixels

I put DD in the MyRide at the store today, and looked at how much room she had above her head, measuring with my hand. Then I put her in the Scenera and did the same thing. It looked like she had the same amount of room over her head or a little more in the Scenera. The infant insert was in the MR, so they were probably about the same. That seems like a really short shell for the MR.

ADS

Raegansmom4

I don't know how it could be as the MR is pretty much the same shell height as the MA, which is way taller than the Scenera. The MR's infant insert is really quite thick and makes a huge difference.

Jonah Baby

When the MyRide is installed, children tend to "shrink" in it as well.
My boy has like 2 1/2 inches left to grow in the rear facing MyRide, but when we had a Scenera RFing, he had just over an inch.
I was more bothered by lack of harness growth left in the Sceneras. The MyRide will last longer for us in this regard.

armywife12

I don't believe that at all. I just put my son in a Scenera last week to see how much room he'd have and he has outgrown it rear facing by about a half an inch at least but he has several inches of rear facing room left above his head in his MyRide. He is at least 3 inches of room above his head in the MyRide. I wish I would have taken pics of him in the Scenera now...lol. The infant insert adds a couple of inches of height at least and children gain room when the seat is actually installed in the vehicle. Caleb had more room in the MyRide while it was installed than when we tried it out in the car. The MyRide has much more growing room than the Scenera

NannyMom

According to carseatdata, the Scenera shell is 23 inches. I measured the MR at 24 inches, but it fits more like the MA at 25 inches. I think because of the way it's curved, maybe it fits longer.

DahliaRW

The newer sceneras are taller than the older ones too, from what I've heard, so if that's the case I'd believe it.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
This was Ilana in June in the MR65.
m022.jpg

018.jpg

Today in the Scenera.
p_00107.jpg

NannyMom

This was Ilana in June in the MR65.

Today in the Scenera.

Interesting. Maybe I shouldn't have given away my Sceneras. :whistle: I'll have to try Sofi in one sometime and see how she does. The Scenera and Titan are supposed to be 1/2 inch different. Maybe I'll have to take a tape measure to the store this weekend.

NannyMom

I like our Avenues b/c they're a little taller than the Sceneras and have the EPP foam.

I didn't like the Uptowns I had. I had one, and sold it cuz I didn't like it. Then I bought another to give it another chance. Ended up selling it too. Sofi just seems to squished width wise, and she's tiny. So I've been afraid to try the Avenue. I only ever used it as a back up seat anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC