Peg Perego Viaggo?(plus good deal tip)

LuvBug

what is your take on this seat? My local target has them on clearence for $114 and I was wondering if with the price cut it was worth it safety wise? We dont care how long it lasts because baby will move up to a marathon as soon as s/he is the right size.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have found them to be very difficult to install in a number of vehicles, and the harness adjuster is harder to use than the snugride, and the canopy isn't as big as the snugride (not to compare to just the snugride, lol, but when I worked at a nice baby store, those were the two main choices, and the snugride was just so much better for all those reasons... not to mention cheaper, but that's not really the issue now)...Oh, the handle must be put down when driving (can be left up on the snugride...even if you prefer to put it down every time anyway, if you sometimes 'ooops' and leave it up, that's cool with the snugride or safeseat or key fit.

:)

Splash

It sucks. It should be hit with a sledge hammer and have its plastic melted down to make snow huts for people in Alaska. It should not be sold or bought or even thought of for too long. It is horrid. Safe, I'm not so sure on that one either. IF you can get it installed and IF you can use it correctly (and those are big ifs) then you MIGHT have a reasonably safe child. But I wouldn't put my kid in it unless it was the absolute only option available and walking was out of the question due to 6 foot snow drifts and/or mobs with machine guns.
I owned one once and it was the worst car seat experience of my life. It was given to me by a friend in an emergency situation, and I seriously considered if maybe the baby would be safer be held by someone.
I called Peg Perego on this impossible to install and absurdly unsafe POS, and was told that I didn't really need to install it. That I could just put the belt over the base, and then put the seat in, using the SEAT to keep the BASE buckled in.
It sucks with the fire of ten million white hot suns. And you can't use it without the base.
It is the worst. seat. ever.

/rant

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, come on, Splash, tell us how you REALLY feel...stop holding back!

<giggle> But it does the coolest levitation trick in the middle of a Lexus RX 300... the child gets a totally cush air-ride! (so much for that 80% of the base being in contact with the seat...).

LuvBug

ROFLMBO! ok so I get the drift... The bad thing here now is people are going to see it for half off and buy it just because it is A) half off! or B) because it is so expensive they assume it is extremely safe and now that it is half off they HAVE to get it. :eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It sucks. It should be hit with a sledge hammer and have its plastic melted down to make snow huts for people in Alaska. It should not be sold or bought or even thought of for too long. It is horrid. Safe, I'm not so sure on that one either. IF you can get it installed and IF you can use it correctly (and those are big ifs) then you MIGHT have a reasonably safe child. But I wouldn't put my kid in it unless it was the absolute only option available and walking was out of the question due to 6 foot snow drifts and/or mobs with machine guns.
I owned one once and it was the worst car seat experience of my life. It was given to me by a friend in an emergency situation, and I seriously considered if maybe the baby would be safer be held by someone.
I called Peg Perego on this impossible to install and absurdly unsafe POS, and was told that I didn't really need to install it. That I could just put the belt over the base, and then put the seat in, using the SEAT to keep the BASE buckled in.
It sucks with the fire of ten million white hot suns. And you can't use it without the base.
It is the worst. seat. ever.

/rant

How do you REALLY feel about the seat, Splash? :p

I'm so sorry you have such a terrible experience!

Lilsid

I hated this seat too It doesn’t install for S***. It is such a pain and heavy. Small babies dont fit well in the straps and they just dont tighten down very much. I feel the same as Splash I think holding your child is a better option than this seat. It wiggles all over and the base can even come undone from the seat belt if the carrier part is not sitting on top of it. I think the Peg is a bad design and it’s not worth Free to me let alone $ 114. You have to use the base with it too.

Sorry but I would not use this seat at all.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, I had a 2004 or 2005 and I had no problems installing it in the center of my Sub w/lap belt. I found it easy to use, although it was certainly heavy.

And the new model CAN be used without the base.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think I'd get it barring any crazy installation problems in your car. You have to put the handle even w/ the top of the seat, no not all the way down (which is easy, the Safeseat can be there too). It can be used w/out the base and I really like the actual seat part. I tried Ilana in it at a wk old and was impressed, the slots are SUPER low, way below her shoulders then. I have a pic if you missed it. lol It looks like it installs w/ the seatbelt like the Flex Loc which I don't like, but w/ ALR seats wouldn't pose a problem (w/ ELR, I would be worried about baby grabbing the seatbelt and playing w/ it). W/ LATCH this wouldn't be an issue. For that price I'd grab one if I needed one. :)

LuvBug

maybe I should open the box and play with it. It looks like my target wont be carrying the peg anymore but will be carrying the companion. Problem is neither ever had a display nor do I think they ever will.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC