Crash-tested doll car restraints.

ADS

southpawboston

those are so cool!!!!! (but at $40 the FF one is the same price as a REAL scenera) :eek:

DD1 has a toy infant seat (no base) that she totes her dolly around in, but it's not nearly as "real" as those... wow.

Splash

That bear is far too big for the infant seat.
These scare me. They look real, they apparently have LATCH attachments, and I am certain that someone somewhere will get their hands on one and put a child in it. Yes, I am sure it says not to put a child in it, but McDonald's also tells people their coffee is hot, and it doesn't seem to help them much.

cmm7

Anyone else notice the real kids in the photos are in Britax seats? Didn't they used to not be restrained so well?

LuvBug

I agree. Im betting somewhere someone will pick one up at a thrift, yardsale, or get as a gift and somehow think it is ok for an infant and actually use it. Very scary thought! I bet it'd pass crash testing with a 4lb infant though :p (j/k!)

Morganthe

Hmmm :confused:

I guess it's because of y'all , but all I can think of when I look at the photo of the doll seat installed in the car---
shouldn't it be rear facing in the top photo too??????? :eek:

OT Note: LOL & shaking head in frustration at the McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit comment.
For some wierd reason, it's been mentioned around me 6 times in the last 2 days!
How freaking bizzare!
This happened years ago and the public resentment towards that elderly woman still won't go away. :(
The poor woman had 3rd degree burns and had to have skin grafts to help aid healing. It wasn't a minor burn by any means.
The pot temperature was at least 18 degrees over the industry standards.
I don't know why anyone would want coffee at just below boiling anyway

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Maybe the doll would be a better fit in the infant seat version and the bear should ride in the forward facing booster model, lol. I hinted to MIL that one of the doll carseats would be a cool gift for my oldest for her Dec. b-day or Xmas, but no dice. I'm not willing to spend the money on one myself, lol, I'd rather buy real carseats. I think a tech on the board, Skipspin/Joy has the infant seat model and uses it for her avatar.

Yoshi

My DD has both of them (long story- gifts- and I didn't buy either one:eek: ) they are WAY too small for a real baby, IMO, and weirdly enough, the manual and installation instructions and warnings are better written and more obvious than any carseat I've ever owned!!!!!

We have the pink infant one in the house w/out the base for her BIG teddy and the blue one in the car for whichever stuffed animal feels like being restrained. :p She is NOT into dolls, although I wish she was, because I love dolls. Their latch straps don't tighten enough, IMO, so I have used the seatbelt. They even come with a locking clip!!!

JaRylan

I would love to see these seats being installed by a child of a "dedicated car seat enthusiast". Couldn't you just see your little one in the car, seatbelt threaded through and rocking back and forth on base attempting to get a rock-solid install "just like mommy and daddy do". Or lining all the car seats up in a row and playing "good-seat, bad-seat shopping trip" with tape measure in hand. :D :D :D

Jacqui

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC