Any techs near VA Beach?

seamonkeys

Or Warrenton?

I have a friend online who is torn on what seat to get for her DD. I thought it would be great if there were somebody close to her to help her check out the seats in person and figure out what's going to work best for her.

Here's her info for others who may want to chime in.

Her DD is big for her age (DH is 6'5"!) - she's only 28 mths, but 39" and 35.5 lbs (was at the Dr due to illness, so likely she's down a lb). She's currently FF in an Alpha Omega and is obviously close to outgrowing it, so she needs something else soon.

She was torn between the Frontier, and Nautilus, but with her size I'm wondering if she'd be better off going with a Regent before they're gone.

thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hampton Roads Area
Amy
(lynsgirl)
Technician since 2005

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

The techs in that post have volunteered their info and are willing to meet with people to help them with their installs. I did a quick google search and the nearest big city to Hampton Roads is Virginia Beach, so I hope that'll work for her. But I'm not in, nor near, Virginia, so take it with a grain of salt.

Depending on if the little girl's height is in her legs or torso she may do just fine in the Nautilus or Frontier rather than a Regent. If she's long torsoed, though, I'd probably go for the Regent to eke out as much harness time as possible to get her as close to six as they can. If she's got longer legs, or dad is longer legged, since she seems to be taking after him, then the Nautilus or Frontier would work well and get her to a mature booster age.

It's *possible* she's still fitting in the AOE by torso height, if she's leggy. But agreed, probably not likely. Most three year olds, even average sized ones, are outgrowing that seat.

Wendy

lynsgirl

Hampton Roads Area
Amy
(lynsgirl)
Technician since 2005

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

The techs in that post have volunteered their info and are willing to meet with people to help them with their installs. I did a quick google search and the nearest big city to Hampton Roads is Virginia Beach, so I hope that'll work for her. But I'm not in, nor near, Virginia, so take it with a grain of salt.

Depending on if the little girl's height is in her legs or torso she may do just fine in the Nautilus or Frontier rather than a Regent. If she's long torsoed, though, I'd probably go for the Regent to eke out as much harness time as possible to get her as close to six as they can. If she's got longer legs, or dad is longer legged, since she seems to be taking after him, then the Nautilus or Frontier would work well and get her to a mature booster age.

It's *possible* she's still fitting in the AOE by torso height, if she's leggy. But agreed, probably not likely. Most three year olds, even average sized ones, are outgrowing that seat.

Wendy

Yikes, I need to update that. I'm not in Hampton Roads anymore (side note: Hampton Roads is the name for the collective group of cities in that area, which includes Norfolk, Va Bch, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Hampton, Portsmouth, and several others :)).

There is a tech that I know OF (don't know her personally). She is on the Delphi board, but I also know she used my MW for her two babies. Her second baby was born a few days before my last one. She had herself listed on my MW's page of local resource stuff before my MW's website changed. I will ask my MW for her info. Her name is Lisa something (the tech, not the MW).

seamonkeys

Wendy
Thanks Wendy! That's pretty much what I was telling her. I asked her to check on her DD's torso height.

Amy, no problem. I think Wendy's explanation will be a huge help to her.

ETA: And thanks for that link - I had no idea that thread existed!

seamonkeys

Anneke,

I did e-mail my MW this morning, so if I hear back from her re Lisa, I will let you know. :)

Thanks! Her dad is supposed to be buying her the new seat on Monday, so if she has any problems installing it would be great to have somebody she can contact.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC