Question All weather boot/cover

Zaiyne

Are the all weather boot/covers that come on the Gracos pointless? I am thinking about getting a SR32 this weekend but if they have the SR35 I may opt for it instead if the boots are pointless. I am thinking it would at least keep lil man from kicking his blanket off ?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It depends on the boot. Most of the ones I've seen on the SS1 and newer are decent. I still miss the boot that was on my old SS1, it was awesome! The boot works well to keep blankets on, especially when they're teeny. It's not as good now, lol.

DahliaRW

I bought one for my SS1 and like it simply because it keeps the blanket from sliding out off the bottom of the car seat when carrying it to/from the car.

AtTheSouthDam

It holds on to small toys well too, pacifiers, my wallet... I had one of the more useless ones for DD2, barely covered her feet but I still liked it.

Zaiyne

:cool!: I will stick with the SR32 then since it comes with one ;) I really look forward to not having to pick up a blanket from snow while walking to/from the car lol DS1 was good at that even as a little baby:rolleyes:

AtTheSouthDam

If you use a boot, does this take the place of the shower cap type winter cover? I've never used one.

I think will depend on how cold it is where you live. I'm in Colorado. Our cold is nothing like further North. It is fairly mild so a hat and a blanket with the boot was plenty for DD2 when she was tiny. If we were in the cold longer than walking to and from the car then I might have used a shower cap type cover.
A cap cover will hold more of the heat in than a boot so in colder climates I would stick with that.:twocents:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
If you use a boot, does this take the place of the shower cap type winter cover? I've never used one.

It has for the last 2 winter babies I had for the 1st winter. Ilana was born in Nov and Olivia in Feb. Ilana's though was a really thick, fleece lined boot. I don't know why they aren't all like that.

tiggercat

I didn't bother getting one with a boot, since I put a shower cap style cover overtop anyway. It's cold here and I hate dragging blankets.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC