Problem with my BV, should I call Britax?

Splash

While turning his car seat around yesterday, I realized that the base is broken. It will not lock into the upright position. I've noticed that this seems to be a common problem.
I don't think it is a safety issue, because I have the seat installed (FF right now) so tightly that it can't just 'slip' into recline. However, it is an expensive seat and it should work!
I don't know how long I've had this Boulevard. We got one when it first came out, but replaced it a few months later... and then one I think last January. I don't know which is which though. Under warranty Britax will replace it, even out of warranty they probably will. But that's two weeks without the seat. Until then I have an Evenflo Triumph I can use, but it has to be FF, and probably outboard, which bothers me a lot. Otherwise I could use an Evenflo Generations, but between the two I would rather have the Triumph. I've been thinking about buying an Uptown 'just because' and this might be a perfect reason. But I don't want too many seats, I'm trying to get rid of them!

Is the broken base likely to ever be a problem? I can't imagine it would be, but I don't want to take chances.

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
can't help with the britax problem but i just posted a comparision list on the carseat forum on uptown vs scenera if you want to check it out! :)
and you'd be able to use it rfing ... :)

SPJ&E

Did you try putting your knee in the seat and see if it'll click into place?

I can't just sit my Marathon up and it click into place...I have to sit it on the floor, pull the lever and get it upright, then put my knee in the seat and put my weight in it to get it to click into place.

If that doesn't work, I would give them a call and see what they say at least, but I would want them to fix it, simply because like you said, it's an expensive seat and it should work correctly.

You've been wanting to check out the Uptown, so this would be the perfect opportunity OR you could just use the Triumph FF for now and just avoid taking him in your car as much as possible!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's strange. I am so sorry you are experiencing such a issue with the BV.

I haven't had any problems with the base of the BV yet, but I will keep an eye out for that issue. Thanks for the "heads up." :)

mominabigtruck

IF I were you I would send it back and make them fix it or give you a new one. I also have a blvd and am still irate that I spent $300 and I can't use the rfing lockoffs, which was the main reason I bought a britax. I am also getting an uptown for my mom to use but I always try seats out first in my car for about a week so I make sure I like the seat. This would be a good time to do that if you do need an extra seat. Honestly I don't know if I would buy another britax, just with the issues I have, but I guess it all depends on how complacent you are about things like that.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Hi Splash, I'd send it back and make them fix it. Charlie is only 18 mo? You will need that seat for a long long time. Maybe it won't be a problem but it might be if you go to use it in another car. They cost too much not to work right. I know that I was so mad :mad: when I spent almost $600 on two of them last September and now both are affected by the tether recall.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hi Splash, I'd send it back and make them fix it. Charlie is only 18 mo? You will need that seat for a long long time. Maybe it won't be a problem but it might be if you go to use it in another car. They cost too much not to work right. I know that I was so mad :mad: when I spent almost $600 on two of them last September and now both are affected by the tether recall.

I am affected by the tether recall too, but I am thinking that my nieces will probably outgrow the BV before they are 50 pounds, anyway. If they continue on their current growth track, they will each outgrow the seat around age 4.5-5, when they weigh between 40 and 45 pounds.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I had the same problem on my ds' Marathon. I was getting it ready to send to Britax for repair and tried a little more to fix it myself and got it to work.

Set it down on the ground in front of you with the seat/harness side facing the ground and the base in front of you. Hold the seat still with one hand and pull the base the into the upright position with the other. I've done it a few times now...hopefully that will work for you!

mamato2

Oh, man. I am NOT happy to hear that about your BV. That is the problem we had twice with our WIZ and the second time they sent me a BV. I was hoping because the base looks pretty different (to me, but maybe I never studied the WIZ base) that I would never have that problem.
I too wondered about just using it ff but it made me a bit uncomfortable and also , like you, annoyed that I had this expensive seat that didn't work right!
Good luck with what you decide. I DO think they would at least replace the base , and you might even get a brand new (!!) seat.
C.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC