Need a carseat for the middle (lap belt)

sholoulou

I need a carseat for my daughter that will fit in the middle of my trooper. I do not have latch and only have a lap belt in the middle. I do have the versa tethers for all three seat positions that I had retro installed.

I have 2 parkways, 1 marathon and 1 regent.
Husbands' truck - parkway & marathon
My car - regent (6yr old) & new seat??

I have a 6 yr old (bday tomorrow:D) and a 2 yr 10mth old daughter (33lbs)

I want to move the marathon in my husband's truck so we no longer have to move seats all the time. I tried the regent in the middle with the lap belt but could not get a good install. The bottom would slide if I really gave it a good push. So I put the regent in the orginal position, by the door, for my son to use. Now I need a new seat for my daughter. Price is not an option. I want the safest seat out there

Suggestions??? please

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A 2 year old is safest rear-facing. The Radians are rated to 40 or 45 lbs. rear-facing (depending on model) and have tall shells. The Safety 1st Complete Air is also rated to 40 RF with a tall shell. The Graco MyRide has a shorter shell but is also rated to 40 lbs.; if your daughter has a shorter torso it might be a decent choice even though it won't last as long by height as the other 2.

I would advise trying all three in your car, if you can find them locally (Babies R Us carries the latter two and is often willing to let you try them out in your car) and see what works best.

sholoulou

I have never been a fan of Graco or safety 1st products as far as strollers, etc go and buying a carseat would be a stretch for me but I am willing to check them out... do they have EPS foam and what kindof frame do they have? I just googled them but could not find any info except colors. I like that the radian has EPS foam all over it and has a steel frame. Also, do I have to have a place to tether them rear facing? I would have to either find a place on the seat frame or get it retro fitted for rear facing.

disbugsmomma

The only seats that allow tethering rf are the Britax convertibles and Radians. Those seats come with a d-ring that gets wrapped around a stationary point in the car, usually part of the frame for the front seats, and the tether gets attached to that. Anchors cannot be retrofit for tethering rf.

sholoulou

Thanks for the info and tips.

If it stops raining (hopefully) I will go and check out carseats tomorrow. There are so many good seats out there it is hard to choose. When my son was born the best the stores around here had were britax and so that is all I ever bought. I like tethering the seats... it makes me feel better. I will check out all the seats recommended though.
Thanks!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC