NannyMom! Question about your Durango (or anyone else who has one)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Hey! I have a weird question for you. I saw you have a 2000 Durango. DH's a 2003 (SXT), so I'm not sure it's the same, but when we bought it the manual was lost and so far they haven't been able to replace it.

The middle seat (in the 2nd row, not the 3rd) - can you install a seat there? It has those flip-up seats, and is really skinny, but since it's a lap-belt and has no headrest, I'd rather put a carseat there than lose a seating position. I figure I could stick a Radian there and fit something outboard too.

And the stalling thing? Ours does it too, but it's under warranty still. I can't remember what they said it was. Lots of fun though.
Thanks!

ADS

NannyMom

In my 2000 Durango, yes you can install a carseat there. Not sure on what differences there are between 2000 and 2003 (except in 2001 they were given TAs for the 3rd row....that look exactly like my cargo tie downs :rolleyes:). Your seat sounds the same as mine though. The manual says nothing about not installing a seat there, I've checked :) Our biggest problem was with RF seats...1 side of the seat falling into the crack, then the seat is loose. I know I had a Cargo there (before I knew about TAs), and it was fine. If the Radian installs well, that may just be the perfect carseat for that seat :)

We did have the stalling taken care of. The dealership mechanics had to drive it home to get it to stall :rolleyes: It was the map sensor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC