Frustrated. It just doesn't make sense.. Should I move on to higher people

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
My SIL is soooo over protective of her kids that they can't go to WalMart or a restaurant for the first year of life. Her 7 yo dd has to shower when she gets home from school before she can touch her one month old ds. All of this protection and this week I find out/discover the following....

Her 7yo weighs 41lbs fully dressed (I weighed her on Sunday) and she doesn't make her ride in a booster or anything.

Her 1 month old is in an Evenflo Embrace... with the straps at slots 1inch above his shoulders and an after market cover.

I guess I should have seen this coming after the fight last year about not wanting to put ds in the seat she had for the child she nannies... He was 10 mos and 19lbs... It was a ff only seat... :confused:

She prides herself on taking part in and being on the board for some local councels in her area and participates in their annual carseat check event. I don't want to out them... I'm going to seek some local advice about that, especially since she told me that there was nothing wrong with her Embrace because she'd had it checked. :confused:

And get this... Her dh is a police officer. :confused:

We are complete opposites... I am not a complete freak about germs and my poor ds will be in a Radian XTSL once his sister moves into the TFP. He won't know about FFing until he maxes out RF and will be harnessed as long as he can be, then he'll be in a booster.

ADS

Zabs

omg! you just described my SIL. Germaphobe to the max. If her kids touch their noses they have to wash their hands. Seriously. But they FF right at one year even though they are nowhere near the weight max and right now the DD is FF even though she is 29 lbs and 2 years old and the DS in a FF seat where his shoulders are a good 1-2 inches above the top harness slot.

I long ago gave up on trying to educate them.

Oh, and they commute 45 mins each way to work/daycare everyday.

:confused:

JerseyGirl'sMama

Well, I am a germ freak. If my DD was in school, I would make her wash up and change clothes (a shower isn't a bad idea) especially this time of year with all the illnesses rampant. Of course, I will keep my kids in proper carseats and ERFing and EHing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC