Sophia's new ride

fyrfightermomma

I got my TFP from learning curve really fast :) So far I really like it. I hated the old version, but this one just seems much better. Easy to install and I like the built in mud protector from dirty feet :) Seems kinda like a waste to get it for a 30 lb child but I figured I'd use it until 35, then buy another Radian to get to age 4 if need be and my oldest can use the TFP forward facing then since she's almost out of harness room in the YS.

So here's some pics. I love the color and the material. It's super soft! The short crotch strap is interesting with cloth diapers though, that's for sure!

Sophia is 2y7m, 37" with a 14.5" torso and 30 lbs.

100_2780.jpg

100_2781.jpg

100_2782.jpg

100_2783.jpg

and Evelyn's ride :)
100_2784.jpg

ADS

Maedze

Oh gosh, I know this isn't the point of your post, but DD1 looks GREAT. Her face is so round and full and she has color in her cheeks!

fyrfightermomma

Thanks so much!! I know, she looks completely different! Amazing what 6-7 pounds can do! LOL. She is so much more alert, has lost almost all her autism symptoms (still very quirky and has sensory issues but the actual autism symptoms have slowly disappeared), she is starting to get social skills and is doing perfect in school. Her gross motor skills are now age appropriate (last May she was at a 25 month level, she is now at a 46 month level). Her fine motor skills in April were 22 month level and now she is a 36 month level so we have a ways to go with that before Kindy next year. She no longer has low muscle tone, sits up straight and now responds to discipline

Okay my bragging is over now. But I'm so proud of her and the trooper she's been. She looks nothing like how she looked just 6 months ago. I'm in love all over again with my beautiful baby girl :love:

For reference, 6 months ago at the height of her deterioration. No energy, very little eye contact etc
100_2271.jpg

100_2102.jpg

Maedze

Amazing. She looks like a different kid. No, I mean, people say that all the time, but she actually looks like another child.

fyrfightermomma

One thing I never noticed. For her whole life her fists were always clenched. They never opened and she rarely used her left hand. From birth on. You can see it in the two "before" pictures. That left hand was always closed. I just noticed the pic I took today. Her left hand is open :)

keri1292

Love the TF, but had to post about Miss E! I thought it was possibly a cousin until I read the caption. I can't believe how wonderful she looks! The progress she's made must make your life a whole lot easier. You must be so proud! :love:

myliljunebugs

I love the seat, it looks great and Sophia looks great in it! Seeing the change in your older DD just brought tears to my eyes though, you must be so ecstatic! :D

Last edited:

Maedze

One thing I never noticed. For her whole life her fists were always clenched. They never opened and she rarely used her left hand. From birth on. You can see it in the two "before" pictures. That left hand was always closed. I just noticed the pic I took today. Her left hand is open :)

I wonder if part of it was just that her extremities were cold from lack of body fat.

firemomof3

She looks great in her new seat :thumbsup: And I agree that that change in E is just amazing, good job mama!
Oh and I love your YS :p

courtfrog2

That baby can't be Sophia next to Evelyn can it? If so, WOW.. she's changed a ton too in 6 months!

Good job mama! Evelyn looks so great. You are such a good advocate for your children. Brings tears to my eyes.

3acorns4Christy

That is a nice looking seat. I really want it for my Sophia in the truck. I think it would be the perfect rearfacing seat for the truck.

Wow, Evelyn looks wonderful, she looks like a healthy happy newly 4 year old.

Yoshi

Sophia looks adorable in her new seat, and I'll chime in like everyone else and say how happy I am for you and for Evelyn and how well she's recovered- what an amazing progression :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC