You know you're a CPS addict when...

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You're worried the ice storm that is coating everything in your area with a layer of ice will cause the UPS truck carrying your new Radian to crash, or the delivery person to slip and fall and damage the Radian. ;) :eek:

...Your children can explain nearly as well as you yourself can, why their 2.5y/o sister is still RFing, the 5y/o sister is harnessed in a HWH, and even the 7 and 9y/o are sitting in full HBB... ;)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
... you can glance down the carseat aisle and tell in 5 seconds what seats they have on display by the covers alone...

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I thought of another one: when your 5 year old DD tries to warn other parents about the dangers of propping infant seats on top of shopping carts when she sees anyone doing this when we're shopping. DD has earned some glares as well as some grins and laughs. She did this most recently at BRU, where one mom gave us the evil eye, and another friendlier mom's limited English and my minimal Spanish hindered getting much of a message across other than hola and adios, lol.

lovinwaves

You know you're a CPS addict when....Your husband starts pointing out misusage, and has the urge to say something :D :eek:

hsjwmom

....You're checking out the carseat section at a store and your 6 yo asks if they have a Radian!

Lara

... you walk into target and your 2.5 yo asks if she can sit in the carseats "just for a few minutes". (she said it like I was going to say no! hahaha, my child must not know me)

skaterbabs

....when your ten yo gets MAD when his friends don't listen when HE tells them they need boosters because they don't pas the 5 Step Test. rofl

Michi

You go to visit relatives out of town, and you tell DH that you need to stop by the local Wal-Mart because you "forgot" something...( but it's really because you just want to see if they have the new Uptown in stock!) ;)

Shaunam

When everytime you go to the store, you have to spend at least 5 minutes in the car seat aisle, fiddling with the seats, hoping that someone will think you look knowlegable and ask for your help. :eek: (btw, it hasn't happened yet, in fact, I've NEVER seen anyone else in the car seat aisle and I'm there a LOT :rolleyes: )

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You're worried the ice storm that is coating everything in your area with a layer of ice will cause the UPS truck carrying your new Radian to crash, or the delivery person to slip and fall and damage the Radian. ;) :eek:

LOL! I've been there! "That delivery person better not slip and damage my __________!"

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You know you're a CPS addict when... you know more about the upcoming seats/developments in seats than the reps from the companies!

Have you ever gotten the "Well, I'll be darned..." response when speaking to a rep because you know more about the seats their company is about to release than they do? I have gotten that with the Graco rep (regarding the Safe Seat 2). It was pretty funny!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
...it's 1:15 am and you're still up reading the boards. :rolleyes:

You can't get to the car in the garage without tripping over at least one seat, and most of the drawers in your house have at least one piece of carseat flotsam in them (how DID that locking clip get in my bathroom drawer with the cotton balls????)

:D

cantech

...your husband calls to say I just saw the "Roll over simulator" on the highway and thought of you!

The roll over simulator is the cab of a truck mounted on a rotating axis that demonstrates how easily ejection occurs for unrestrained occupants. The RCMP use it at schools and safety shows as a public awareness tool.

And yes...this actually happened just this morning! This threads alot of fun!

Belinda

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC