You couldn't pay me enough to use this seat!

disbugsmomma

Ugh! A coworker of mine came in today with his daughter in an Evenflo bucket (a Discovery 5, I think). I noticed the straps were kind of loose, but the chest clip was in the right place at least. :rolleyes: He ended up taking her out of the seat and I noticed the straps looked funny. I went over and looked closer. The straps were routed through the top slots in the shell, but through the middle slots in the cover! So there was a LOT more slack there than I originally thought. :thumbsdown: I asked him if he wanted me to fix it since we were slow. He said okay and then I couldn't figure out how to get the darned thing apart! I finally figured it out, but what a pain in the @ss! I got to hold her for a minute and then I strapped her back into her seat with the straps now much tighter than they were. :love: I though he would say something about how tight the straps were when I was done, but surprisingly he didn't. :thumbsup:

But yeah, now that I've played with that seat, you really couldn't pay me enough to use it. :eek:

ADS

TheNimpsGirl

I have never sworn so much with any other seat in my life. I hated every time I saw my friend's son in it because it was never adjusted correctly and it isn't one of those seats you can fix without being noticed either, too much swearing and the fact that you usually have to tip it upside down (obvouisly with no baby in it) in order to yank to get the harness tight enough usually tips people off :p. I'm sure someone loves it out there and it might have it's place, but I'd rather see a baby in a scenera if they fit.

TiaxMarie

I was stupid and bought and Evenflo Embrace with my first pregnancy and can't stand it. Even now, knowing everything I do, I can't figure that thing out. It's going in the trash and I am buying a new seat even though the Embrace has 3.5 years left on it. I actually might give it to my aunt who has a grandbaby coming, but honestly, I don't want her using it improperly.

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
I had an Evenflo Embrace as well. I picked it out for the pattern before I knew anything about car seats. It was a back adjust. I did mind it for DD1 since I didn;t know any different. I used it for DD2 (when I knew more about car seats) and HATED it. So I bought her a Graco SS1 when she was 6 months old (that she used until 18 months).

Spam

My sis has the discovery 5 it sucks! She's not into seats like me, and the straps are almost always loose. At least my niece is getting close to outgrowing it at almost 8 months. I bought her and efta to use, but since dne isn't sitting up well, she uses the bucket because it's easier at the store and restaurants.

cookie123

I've done a few kids in the Discovery 5 at work, and it totally sucks. One family had it so when you clipped that little black thing in, the belt was coming out underneath instead of on top so you could pull it. Can you even take the harness out of that thing? I hate rear adjust seats. It's so hard to get a preemie in them - probably any baby - if you don't adjust the straps, which is a pain. I wish they'd just do away with them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC