Okay, the Frontier isn't going to work for long

Stretchy Glue

Doggonit. She's too big. She fits, but not for long. I'm glad I didn't actually pay for this. This is going to be a short term loan.:thumbsdown:
October2009152.jpg

October2009153.jpg

Unless there is a magic button that makes it go higher, this is as high as it goes.

Here is a pic in the Monterey which isn't a ton better. She actually prefers the Mont because it's wider, but it's also as wide and tall as it goes. She just doesn't have room. The problem with the Mont is that the way the seatbelt goes through the belt guides prevent the seatbelt for retracting. It bunches up. She's leaning forward to give herself a comfortable fit since her shoulders are so broad.
October2009154.jpg

(That sweatshirt is a woman's small)

In the near future the head of the state coalition is going to come up with every booster she can get her hands on to help me. We are going to take pictures of her in every seat we can and create a presentation on boosters and how one kid can fit in different seats so differently, and how the height and weight measurements don't really tell you how a kid will fit. I promise to share...

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, no, no. I am 5'7" and the belt guide is over my shoulder. Did you take the screw out?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Oh, no, no. I am 5'7" and the belt guide is over my shoulder. Did you take the screw out?

Ditto to Judi. I can easily fit in the frontier with a little room to grow (I'm 5'2'') It doesn't look like it's as high as it goes.

a_js

I agree. As much as I loathe the Frontier ;) it does look like it's not up all the way. I'm 5'3" and I can fit in it.

Stretchy Glue

I did take the screw out but I'll go out and try it again when I go to work. The top should be up higher according to those pictures. Maybe I can breathe a sigh of relief. Doesn't she look broad in there though?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She does look broad, and it doesn't seem fair that a child that age/size should have outgrown some of the biggest boosters out there, but really, a child who is not yet eight *needs* the artificial hips that a booster provides.

Stretchy Glue

She does look broad, and it doesn't seem fair that a child that age/size should have outgrown some of the biggest boosters out there, but really, a child who is not yet eight *needs* the artificial hips that a booster provides.

I agree that it's unfair! I also agree that she needs that protection. Spoiled...No, she can't do backless. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=102816

I now have renewed hope for the Frontier since I apparently haven't raised the headrest all the way. She is such a big girl:(.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Oh, and my dd is about the same size as yours - 54", 68 pounds and about an inch to grow in the torso until she outgrows the Monterey, and this is her in the Frontier...
IMG_2665.jpg

Pixels

I have to say, with it adjusted the way it is currently, I like the placement of the shoulder belt a lot better than the backless.

Stretchy Glue

It does get bigger. Dh was trying to help last night because it was cold and we were shuffling a lot. He didn't stretch it all the way. I bet she has at least 3 inches. I haven't tried her in it yet because he takes her to the bus, but it will last me afterall!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC