XTSL Flora install pics and my observations on the new seat

oxeye

Okay, so I got a chance to play with the new seat. :love:

First observation - the harness on the SL is significantly thicker than the harness on my original XTs. Definitely different!

The fabric is softer IMO than the Malibu fabric which is really nice. The seat seems really comfortable. I think there may be more padding between the cover and the wings. Not 100% sure though.

I don't like the red LATCH straps. I understand why they changed the color but yuck. :p

The LATCH connectors are interesting. When you push the red button to unhook the anchors, the teeth stay retracted until you push them onto another LATCH bar. Very different than the IMMI LATCH connectors. They make a very quiet click when you attach them. I pulled hard to make sure they really were attached! You don't feel the click either because of the design. Here's a pic of the LATCH connector with the teeth retracted -

CIMG5676.jpg

I had to take out DD1's Frontier to get into the third row with enough space to work so while that was out I installed it FF with LATCH. My van is an 08 Sienna. That install was about as easy as they come. It's a very good thing I will always be able to use LATCH in this car because the seatbelt install with the Radian FF in that van is awful! I think if I really worked at it I could get an acceptable install but YAY for never needing to do it!

CIMG5677.jpg

The seat's home for now is RF in the third row center for DD2. That install was very easy with LATCH. It may have been slightly more difficult than it is with the original XTs but nothing I can complain about. Here are the best pics I could get in the third row with the weird angles!

CIMG5679.jpg

It installs pretty upright in the third row -
CIMG5680.jpg

CIMG5689.jpg

CIMG5692.jpg

And the lucky little girl who gets to ride in it! She loves it. :love:

CIMG5694.jpg

ADS

ChristyH

Gorgeous seat!!! That is my favorite new fabric, I think I may need to think long and hard about selling our current Radian and True Fit to fund an XTSL. I love it!

hsjwmom

This is the first time I've been tempted by a Radian! I have a Sienna and just never really considered it because of the install issues. I need a second seat for dd3 as she is outgrowing the RA sooner than expected...maybe I should use the TF in dh's truck and get a XTSL for my van? Definitely a thought. :D

oxeye

This is the first time I've been tempted by a Radian! I have a Sienna and just never really considered it because of the install issues. I need a second seat for dd3 as she is outgrowing the RA sooner than expected...maybe I should use the TF in dh's truck and get a XTSL for my van? Definitely a thought. :D

The RF installation in the second row sucks as an FYI. It's acceptable but quite reclined. I LOVE the RF install in the third row, though.

hsjwmom

The RF installation in the second row sucks as an FYI. It's acceptable but quite reclined. I LOVE the RF install in the third row, though.

Well, that nixes that idea. :( I want to keep munchkin in the 2nd row. I wouldn't get it for dh's truck unless I knew without a doubt that it was an easy install with good recline for a toddler.

Thanks for the info, it really has been helpful!

oxeye

hsjwmom - here's how a Radian installs in the second row:

CIMG4856.jpg

Less than 45 degrees for sure, but not upright by any means.

rachandsoph

Now I really want one! Along with the sienna that I've been lusting after....so happy to know it installs easily and well!

Madeline410

I love it! Thanks for the pics! DD will be getting this seat.. :D

Question.. when the straps are at the 3rd slot, does it mess up the cover to move the wings down? I couldn't get them to slide down without bunching the cover.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Love that cover and thanks for the great pictures. I haven't done much research on this seat, but can it be tethered rear-facing?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC