update on spica cast.(pics!)

bp2002

Hi everyone. I just wanted to extend a huge thank you to everyone that helped me with the spica cast issue. I went down to the hospital today and C fit in the radian! YEAH! C's parents are hugely thankful as well. When i was there I met their case manager who had come to tell them the ambulance trip home wasnt going to be covered and would cost hundreds of dollars. They were also told to go buy a hippo seat.. so with your help and mine we saved them alot of money and made their baby safe!

Here are 2 pics of C in the radian in the hospital room. (i know the straps are loose. this was just a quick put her in and snap photo bc i'd forgotten to take a pic when i had her in the seat before.)

as you can see her right leg was able to pop over the side of the radian. We used 2 blankets to help, but none were under her bottom. She sits a little to the side, but when the straps are tight they go over her shoulders well. The parents were able to put her in and adjust it well. The radian installed in their car well. Im just so happy I could help them!

ADS

courtfrog2

Oh my heart goes out to that precious baby. I'm SO happy that you had a radian and were able to help. I can't believe the hospital had nothing or no source to help them.

Oh BTW... when I first saw the picture I was like :eek: because I thought you put a blanket over the babies face to snap a picture. :p

bp2002

Oh my heart goes out to that precious baby. I'm SO happy that you had a radian and were able to help. I can't believe the hospital had nothing or no source to help them.

Oh BTW... when I first saw the picture I was like :eek: because I thought you put a blanket over the babies face to snap a picture. :p

LOL! yeah I promised the mom id cover her face..and im not the best at editing pictures!

The poor thing was really a good sport.. but i think she is tired of strange people holding her and putting her in weird positions. She was in a big brace sincce 6 days old, so she is used to being in that position. I just cant imagine having a baby dealing with that. She isnt breastfeeding well at the moment, but hopefully at home she will be able to. (Mom was having trouble positioning her with the cast , so we worked on football hold with C supported by pillows.)

I might get a taste of what its like tho. Mom has to go back to work before the cast is off, and I might watch her during the day until the cast is off. I dont like the idea of daycare with the cast!

jess71903

Ambassador
Bless her heart. Just looking at her in that cast makes me clostrophobic! I am so glad the Radian worked out for them! It looks like the best possible fit.

canadiangie

I just posted on your other thread. Glad the Radian worked so well. :thumbsup:

(my experience with spicca casts involves 1y/o twins. now that hurts your heart. kids that are used to moving around, then up comes this incredibly shocking dx -- missed for a full year no less -- and babies are now in casts for the next YEAR. the mom I worked with was a crying mess, and there's me holding her one baby, thinking of my own... trying to think of a car seat that will work... trying to explain to mom that it's not ok to pad up her MA's willy nilly even though her doc said it was okay.. mom having just spent $600+ on said MA's and me telling her no, no way, no how is this going to work. super sad heartwrenching stuff. i got them into RNXT's and it was an instant success. thank the good lord, cause my heart was nearly broken for these poor babies :()

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC