Compass Booster Info ...

OK, so this isn't really the place for this ... but I'm on here so rarely, I have NO idea whether this is duplicated info and whether or not the lady I spoke to had a clue :rolleyes:

So ... I called Learning Curve today to find out the differences in the boosters because a friend wants one. Here's what the lady told me:

The B530 is an upgrade of the B505. It's taller (2") like the B510 and the headrest is 1.5" forward of the plane of the seat ... in other words it sticks forward a bit to accommodate for newer/fancier headrests in cars that are leaning forward some. It has rubber-topped arm rests, instead of plastic.

The B540 is an upgrade of the B510. Same size. Color Coded Belt Path. (why??? even the lady thought this was silly, but hey, whatever). It has nicer/better (but I don't remember what she called it) foam in the headrest and the headrest is the 1.5" forward of the plane of the seat, again to accommodate for ergonomic headrests in some vehicles. Contrary to internet pics, it's not any "fluffier" or "squishier" than the B510 ... which is actually why I called, LOL!

Soooooo, anyways, I sometimes feel sheepish posting since I'm so rarely on here anymore and I don't want to double post this. If it should be listed, feel free to do so, or I can, either way. :)

In other news, I hate my Recaro Vivo booster cuz my daughter won't sit in it right (but she does the compass...) and I lost a belt to my fpsvd seat which means A is back in the Apex, HJ is FF in a Radian and L is RF in a Radian and B is still hangin out in his Camo Compass B510 ... although I've told him next summer we will try the 5-step test ;) (I'm NOT ready ... lol)

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I could move this to chat, if you don't mind kids' names being shared, but that's a good place for an informative post like this :)

scatterbunny

Hey, Kathleen-I keep meaning to email you, but life has been super-busy. :eek: Nice to see you around. I promise to email you in the next couple of days. ;)

Jools, totally fine, like I said I just didn't want to be repetitive if everyone else already knew!

Jenny - DO ... I'd love to catch up! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC