new seat comparison with a 19 month old and a 6 month old in a true fit and coccoro! :D (pic heavy)

Cryssy Jane

6 month old up first.
In strawberry shake coccoro! She's 13.7 pounds so she still would use the infant insert. Pictures are taken in the first harness slot, even with the insert she's still slightly below the second slot.
IMG_0326.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0327.jpg

Now in the true fit with the headrest off: She's in the first position with all infant inserts.
IMG_0333.jpg

True fit with headrest on, look at all that growing room!
IMG_0334.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0335.jpg

19 month old in the strawberry coccoro: Here he's in the second harness position, but I think I would feel comfortable with him using the third position as he's right at the third slots.
IMG_0329.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0331.jpg

True fit with headrest on: He's on the second position here.
IMG_0336.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0337.jpg

I am very impressed with both seats! The coccoro is so cute and little and frankly I wasn't expecting O to be able to fit in it by height but he still has a couple inches over his head! S has tons of room in both seats and they will last her quite a while.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Cute kiddos! Did you take those pictures on your cell phone? :p

Ha ha yes. They were being squirmy and wouldn't let me grab the real camera so I had to deal with what I had on hand.

O calls it his candy seat (the coccoro)... to bad he'll only sit in it in emergency. Initially the TF and the CCO were suppose to be for S and the xts were O's, but now after thinking and looking, I think the CCO and the TF will go in the van and O will ride in the TF and the XTS will stay in my car, that way when I need to run 3s on fridays I just have to move the CCO to my car.

2nd

How tall is the 19 mos old. The reason I ask is I am trying to find out how long my dd would last if I bought that seat. I am trying to find pics and info about that Combi seat. My kiddos are usually in the 90% for height. I NEED a narrow seat b/c I have to do 3 across in a compact car.

I haven't tried the Radian yet but I am going to. I am nervous b/c people say it may not work RF.

Cryssy Jane

How tall is the 19 mos old. The reason I ask is I am trying to find out how long my dd would last if I bought that seat. I am trying to find pics and info about that Combi seat. My kiddos are usually in the 90% for height. I NEED a narrow seat b/c I have to do 3 across in a compact car.

I haven't tried the Radian yet but I am going to. I am nervous b/c people say it may not work RF.

I'll measure him again tomorrow to see if he's grown but at last check he was 34 inches tall and roughly a 12 inch torso. He loves his radians, what car do you drive? I have a subaru impreza and can get the radian rear facing correctly.

Here's a picture in his princess radian (which we no longer have :()
IMG_0130-1.jpg

2nd

I have a Grand Am.

My 2 other seats are a FF Radian for my 3 yr old and a Parkway for my 5 yr old. I have a snugride but she is gonna outgrow it soon. I was thinking Radian for overall longevity but the Coccoro looks really cool. But I wonder how long it would last ( I would need 2 yrs out of it). Because in 2 yrs we are getting a mini van, so Radian that older brother has could be passed down. Me and my husband fight to drive b/c passenger side has their seat way up to the front (hardly any leg room) so the snug ride would fit. That's why I kinda would like the Coccoro for more leg room. But I don't want to spend $200 bucks for one year.

Thanks for any input.

Cryssy Jane

I have a Grand Am.

My 2 other seats are a FF Radian for my 3 yr old and a Parkway for my 5 yr old. I have a snugride but she is gonna outgrow it soon. I was thinking Radian for overall longevity but the Coccoro looks really cool. But I wonder how long it would last ( I would need 2 yrs out of it).

I'm not positive, but I think the grand am has a much larger backseat than my impreza. Tomorrow I can put the coccoro next to a ff radian to see how much space is left (I don't have any kids old enough for a booster so I don't have one around).

I suppose in terms of longevity it would depend on your daughters torso height. Odin is usually in the 75-80% for height, however I don't know that this seat would last him 2 years (I seem to not be able to keep a seat that long anyways).

Cryssy Jane

I love that Coccoro! So, so cute. I am still so sad it wouldn't work in my car.

I've heard it's a tricky seatbelt install. I have it installed via latch behind the drivers seat in my impreza at the moment, but I haven't played with it enough via seatbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC