BOB Ironman Baby Jogger

N

newgrandma2one

Our daughter IS an Ironman and we're wondering if the BOB Ironman Baby Jogger would be a neat gift?? Does anyone have some first hand advice for two old people? Does the infant car seat adapter secure the seat safely? What about the other accessories? Weather shield? Sun screen?
Thanks much!:)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Ironman is a great jogging stroller, but it is not a great "all around" stroller because the front wheel doesn't swivel. If your daughter is only going to use it for jogging, the BOB Ironman is GREAT.

The infant carseat holder is great, but I would only use it on BOB's Revolution stroller (because the Revolution's front wheel swivels, which makes it easier to use the Revolution as an everyday stroller). You can use it on the other BOB strollers, but you CANNOT use it while you are using the stroller as a jogger. It can only be used when you are using the stroller as a walking stroller. Does that make sense?

The Sunshield is great and works well for keeping bugs off the baby as well. It isn't 100% necessary, but it is nice. If you don't go with the Sunshield, I would look into something like Kiddopotamus's Ray Shieldfor keeping the sun off the baby.

The Weather Shield is good if your daughter often runs in the rain or wind.

Everyone I know who has a BOB has the Warm and Fuzzy liner inside. They don't use it during the summer, but they do use it in the spring, fall, and winter.

The Handlebar COnsole is nice if your daughter is using the stroller when she is not jogging.

So, in summary, if your daughter is a serious jogger, the Ironman is a great choice. :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I forgot to add--

All these accessories are HEAVY, so I wouldn't recommend using all of them if your daughter is training! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC