Just need some opinions

MJHY27

My daughter turned 3 today and had her 3 year well child checkup. We wieghed her fully clothed with regular shoes and a wool sweater that I usually use in the winter for in the car b/c it keeps them warm and isn't too bulky. Anyway she was 34.4lbs with all this on and 33.8 with the shoes removed. When it gets colder here she may even have a bit more layers and possible even her winter boots on occasionally even though I usually try and take those off for comfort when riding in the car.
My question- should I do the dreaded turn immediatly. my instinct is yes but id really like to keep her rfing as long as possible. I'd love to be able to afford the new radian but that wont be happening and the myride seems too short for her.
thanks!

ADS

Jonah Baby

Have you been able to place her in the MyRide in person?
The general census is that the MyRide is shorter shelled for rear facing, sadly. I was pleasantly pleased by my tall child's fit, however. He is a 95-97th percentile kid. I think he may have an average torso.
What is her torso length?

If you can try it, I would, but you did get to age 3 already!
You did what you could to keep your child safe. Don't overstress on it.

(You can find Radian XTSL's as low as $250, I didn't look at their other models. That may or may not help you afford one.)

Raegansmom4

At 3 yo, I wouldn't go out to buy a new carseat to keep her rfing. Unless you had the extra money available and really, really want to buy it. Since it seems like you don't want to drop the $$ on a Radian SL, I wouldn't stress about ffing your 3 yo. The MR probably wouldn't get you too much more rfing time. Try the MR, but chances are she probably would be close to outgrowing it by height.

MJHY27

her torso length is about 14" and she is 99% for hieght overall at about 40". I might be interested in the myride if I thought she could use it until she was at least 4

ceruti82

Great for getting her to 3 RF!

Personally, I would go ahead and make the switch to FF. I would feel that I did great keeping her RF for as long as my seat allowed, and I would feel safe at age 3 to FF my child.

If she needed a new seat, I would get the GN in Dori (I just saw it IRL, and I LOVE it!)

My personal goal is to RF until at least 3 years old. Unless she outgrew a seat of course~see siggy for stats~ she wont outgrow the XTSL , and probably not the 33 lb MA, but in theory anything is possible!

Once she turns 3, if she is still within limits and comfortable and happy RF, I will keep her RF until seat limits, or until she no longer wants to RF..
I know that some kids love to RF, while others want to be FF.. but at 3, i would be ok if she wants to FF. :twocents:

Well, that's my opinion, HTH ;)

Mommy2Marcus

her torso length is about 14" and she is 99% for hieght overall at about 40". I might be interested in the myride if I thought she could use it until she was at least 4

My son just turned 3 as well & also has a 14 inch torso. He still fits in the My Ride (MR) with about 3-4 inches of room to grow above his head. I would deffinatly try her out in it if you really do want to try to keep her RF. However if you just absolutly can not afford it, then I would just turn her FF. Just make sure that if you do turn her that you top tether her seat. Here is a picture of my son RF in the MR about a week ago.
001-13.jpg

MJHY27

Now I kinda wish I had bought a my ride instead of the TF this past spring! I really thought she would need the taller shell ht. over the higher wt. limit to make it to 4 years old! I guess I forgot to factor in winter gear :rolleyes:
Now i'm tempted to go find a good my ride deal ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC