What do I do?/Say??

Heamae

I work in the nursery at church and every week this mom comes in with this little baby 6 months old, in an infant carrier and the straps and sooo loose and the bottom buckle is NEVER buckled. Her sister, I think, has the same seat and a little boy two months older and does the same thing!!! I really want to say something but I dont know what to say or how to make it come off right and not like Im critsizing her. I thought about buckling him in it before she gets there to pick him up but we dont usually do that so I dont know if that would be weird. Any ideas on how to approach this??? :confused:

The seat is I think a safety first and has a puzzle piece like the one in my avatar of my son. I was thinking maybe she doesnt know how to do the puzzle so just doesnt do it at all. I dont know but it is really bugging me!!!!

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

So the crotch buckle is not buckled at all? Yowza. Maybe she is just unbuckling that part of the harness after she arrives at the church? (I have to throw that out there in case.)

If not, maybe you could say something next time she arrives like that along the lines of 'Oh! I had the same kind of carseat and that buckle was tricky for me until someone showed me to do it like this (demonstrate how to do it quickly and cheerily.) Then quietly tighten the harness right after buckling the crotch, while still talking to mom about how cute baby is.

Heamae

That was what one of the worker there was hoping too when I mentioned it. Maybe she unbuckles it when she takes him out of the car. But why?? Its usually so busy when he is picked up I dont see her putting him in it. I thought that if I did I could say something then, like "Oh look you forgot the bottom, let me help you with that" but its always so busy, she grabs him and then I am getting another kid to his mom.

sunnymw

That was what one of the worker there was hoping too when I mentioned it. Maybe she unbuckles it when she takes him out of the car. But why?? Its usually so busy when he is picked up I dont see her putting him in it. I thought that if I did I could say something then, like "Oh look you forgot the bottom, let me help you with that" but its always so busy, she grabs him and then I am getting another kid to his mom.

When church lets out and I'm in the nursery, I usually put all the babies back in their buckets... and tighten all the straps... and correctly position everything.. and hope that they see the "correct" way and maybe it clicks :whistle: (a few times it has!)

Heamae

Well I happened to see her putting her kids in the car and her 2 year old is in some really crapy seat with no cover!!! I guess she really just doesnt care. :( Havent gotten the chance to say anything. Im not in there until Dec. so maybe I will try then. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC