Can a scenera be installed forward-facing in the "recline" position?

ADS

Maedze

I imagine so, if it's otherwise allowed. Do you not have the MR with you? That has really awesome FF recline.

Shaunam

I imagine so, if it's otherwise allowed. Do you not have the MR with you? That has really awesome FF recline.

Not for us, it's a friend. ;) Not quite 2 year old little girl. She did stay rf for 18 months or so. It's quite possible they were having trouble getting her legs to fit. I never saw a kid with such tight legs! You can't even bend them FOR her!

christineka

I believe that the manual says you can install ffing in recline mode if your seats are sloped so much that the seat needs to be in recline mode to have an upright instal- not just because you want your child reclined.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Well..yes, and no. but mostly NO.

What the manula ACTUALLY says is that you can use the seat in recline mode when FFing *ONLY IF* you need the recline to match the contour of the seat to get the seat FLUSH against the seatback. I've never seen a seat where that would be the case, though..it would have to be one sloped seat. it is not allowed to be used in recline mode just because you want/need more recline when FFing.

Here is a cut and paste from the manual, page 37

Place child restraint flush
against the back of the
vehicle seat forwardfacing
in the back seat.
The recline position is to
be used only to install the
child restraint flush against
the back of the vehicle seat
back, if needed

It *IS* confusing, because 1 page prior, on page 35, it says this

In the forward-facing
position, the child
restraint can be used in
either reclined or upright
position.
For upright mode, rotate
recline stand down and
out, then push up to
lock.
To recline, pull down on
recline stand and rotate
up into shell.

But THEN, it goes on, on page 37, to clarify, with the above posted stipulation taht recline mode is only to obtain flushness with the vechile seat.

So......the answer is mostly NO. Unless you need the recline to obtain flushness. Clear, eh?

swtgi1982

I have seen so many of them that way around here it is not even funny! I mean to the extent that I know they are not installed correctly even if it is allowed to recline. The FF recline I seem, while peeking in random cars out shopping is more recline then an infant RF recline, which is not even proper I know.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC