Vent Carseat <bleep> day

indie

1. Kid throws up in rear facing Britax Boulevard. I've hated this seat for years. Now its covered in barf.

2. When getting barf covered boy out of barf covered seat I notice that the harness needs to be adjusted. Then I notice that the harness adjuster has just completely stopped working.

3. I decide to remove the whole seat and notice that the lightweight locking latchplate on my vehicles seat belt has completely cracked. This is the second one that has broken in my vehicle. The sons of the devil who invented these will spend many a millenia in purgatory trying to install carseats with locking clips.

4. I also notice that the seat belt securing my daughter's Radian is no longer buckled. I know this happened that morning when my other daughter reached into the crevice between the seats to retrieve a toy train. But I didn't think to check at the time and drove them to school.

5. I go to the attic to get an extra Radian. I also grab an unused Radian cover (it was cheaper at the time to buy the seat and then the girly cover separately). I examine the seat and notice that the sticker says it only rear faces to 33lbs even though the box (which I still have) says 35lbs. I specifically bought it because it rear faced to 35lbs (the highest weight at the time).

6. I reinstall the Radian that accidentally came unbuckled. Then I realize that the only locking clip I have is attached to the back of the seat so I uninstall it again to retrieve the clip.

7. After reinstalling my daughter's Radian, I install my son's Radian then realize that I a) forgot to use the locking clip and b)forgot to lock the rearfacing base to the seat. So I uninstall.

8. Then I install the seat correctly after standing on the seat (I was too tired and wimpy, especially with the locking clip). The whole time my son was in the car honking the horn for all the neighbors to hear, suddenly and miraculously cured of whatever made him throw up in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Pixels

Re: Carseat hell day

Actually 9/08 DOM and later is RF to 40 pounds (stickered to 35, changed retroactively, statement is on skjp.com). The 8/08 I had was stickered to 33, but the manual and box say 35. My understanding is that they were actually 35, but didn't bother changing the stickers for quite some time. I never contacted them about it because I returned the seat.

Contact skjp with your DOM and model number and hopefully they can tell you the correct weight limit.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Carseat hell day

According to the SKJP website, all Radians made before 9/08 RF to 35, no matter what they're stickered to. I know specifically that at the time they made it retroactive to 1/08. But they didn't put new stickers on for a looooong time. If you call them, though, I'm sure they'll tell you it's 35. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC