Question Difference between size of Graco TB and a Combi Dakota

MOM25BOYS

Can someone who has these 2 backless boosters tell me the actually size difference or show me a pic of them? DS1 is starting to complain of the TB hurting him in his hips:( and I remember someone mentioned the Dakota had more room for larger kids. He does pass the 5 step test in my suv, but I just not sure if I want him out of a booster yet.:eek::eek: DH has an older ('95) Chevy truck and the seat is funny in there so I don't think he passes in his vehicle yet.

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/CombiDakotaBooster?authkey=Gv1sRgCJzt8NeYtcGZ2AE# only thing it's missing is the width...so I went and got it from the garage to check, lol.... it flares out a lot, at the very back between the arms it's 9 inches, but all under the rest of the bum and thighs it's 12 inches or wider, and it's extremely curvy and molded to fit that, er, anatomy, nicely, not just box-shaped like the Turbo is.
http://carseatblog.com/?p=2171 and http://carseatblog.com/?p=2081 shows it next to the even larger Harmony Deluxe (the $20 on at TRU)

MOM25BOYS

Thanks Jools for the links! :D I really like the Harmony Booster and how much more roomier it is, but is that the one that was renamed the Baby Armor or is it the LiteRider on thier website? I may just go with the Dakota unless I can find one the the Harmony Boosters at one of my local TRU's.;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The baby armour is the highback, and the lightrider is the super tiny $13 one from walmart, IIRC. ugh. too many unintuitive names :p.

:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Crazytown. Really, if you're bursting new onto the market, make it EASY for people (and no 'baby' words for a seat that comfortably fits most 12 year olds... :p)

:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC